Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    13 May '17 14:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Much as I disapprove of Freakys madness, I think you too are going a bit far. Calling someone a traitor because he is delusional seems to me to be incorrect. Further, I find it ridiculous that 'suits' would, or should be paid to visit insane asylums.
    Delusional? Since Freaky can't possibly believe that the Earth is flat, but thinks that it is possible to undermine the arguments of those willing to defend the standard model, his MO is to get people to defend a position rather than present his own in the knowledge that it is rather hard to in the face of extreme skepticism. The idea is to undermine trust in paradigms of Science and create an environment where political objectives which science indicates, such as climate change mitigation, can be crushed with antiscientism. This is the agenda of the Patriot Movement who seem to want to make the US ungovernable, the agenda would make the US prey to foreign powers, so charges of treason aren't so wide of the mark as you think.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '17 17:07
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Just for giggles, sonhouse, type in the following into your search window on YouTube:

[b]Challenger pilots still alive

and see what that yields.
    Make sure you use incognito mode, though: you don't want suits showing up at your door just for mild curiosity.[/b]
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/challenger.asp
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 May '17 17:45
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Delusional? Since Freaky can't possibly believe that the Earth is flat, but thinks that it is possible to undermine the arguments of those willing to defend the standard model, his MO is to get people to defend a position rather than present his own in the knowledge that it is rather hard to in the face of extreme skepticism. The idea is to undermine t ...[text shortened]... ke the US prey to foreign powers, so charges of treason aren't so wide of the mark as you think.
    One, I'm not affiliated with any political movement in the slightest.
    If anything, I probably relate closer to Lyndon LaRouche than with any other school of thought, although I tend to blend empirical with absolute for a more well-rounded perspective.

On that note, what I have been advocating from the very beginning and will continue to champion forever, is that science must be allowed to follow its own rules without outside intervention or influence.
    What is being passed as scientific today is absolute rubbish.
    If it cannot be observed, measured, duplicated, tested, falsified, then it is not science.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 May '17 17:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/challenger.asp
    I will confess: Snopes is usually painfully bad at debunking anything, but this time it's different.

They have simply given up without even trying.

Goodness.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '17 17:51
    I will confess: Snopes is usually painfully bad at debunking anything, but this time it's different.

They have simply given up without even trying.

Goodness.
    You sent me there. It was the first link given.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 May '17 18:091 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You sent me there. It was the first link given.
    Try videos, numbnuts.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '17 19:10
    One, I'm not affiliated with any political movement in the slightest.
    If anything, I probably relate closer to Lyndon LaRouche than with any other school of thought, although I tend to blend empirical with absolute for a more well-rounded perspective.

On that note, what I have been advocating from the very beginning and will continue to champion fore ...[text shortened]... ish.
    If it cannot be observed, measured, duplicated, tested, falsified, then it is not science.
    Science today is absolute rubbish. Tell the dudes still alive because of new aids treatment, tell my wife how bad science is when she got both knees replaced with titanium.
    Tell that to Berners who invented the very interned you use to dis science.
    You have such a twisted view on life I wonder why you don't just jump into the lake and drown.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 May '17 19:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Science today is absolute rubbish. Tell the dudes still alive because of new aids treatment, tell my wife how bad science is when she got both knees replaced with titanium.
    Tell that to Berners who invented the very interned you use to dis science.
    You have such a twisted view on life I wonder why you don't just jump into the lake and drown.
    Science today is absolute rubbish.
    If it was truly in the service of mankind, it would produce something which could make it possible for you to read with comprehension.
    Go back and re-read what I actually said.

Let me guess: in the kibbutz, you were the camp counselor?
  9. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 May '17 11:53
    Dealer's choice: while I can't speak for every presentation by all people on the topic, a simple search with the words noted above will yield more than enough to whet the whistle.
    I'm sure i can find more than enough to 'whet my whistle' on this topic. But let's be honest, i can find more than enough on any 'cock-a-doodle-do' conspiracy theory on the internet. Any lunatic can post any unvetted nonsense at any given time. As i said earlier it comes back to 'credible evidence'.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 May '17 12:24
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm sure i can find more than enough to 'whet my whistle' on this topic. But let's be honest, i can find more than enough on any 'cock-a-doodle-do' conspiracy theory on the internet. Any lunatic can post any unvetted nonsense at any given time. As i said earlier it comes back to 'credible evidence'.
    If you believe Snopes, it's just a coincidence that six people have the same name as six of the people who reportedly died that day.
    And it's just a coincidence that six people look just like six of the people who reportedly died that day.
    And it's just a coincidence that the same six people with the same name also happen to be the same six people who look just like the six people who reportedly died that day.

It's one thing to have a doppelgänger: I've seen my own a couple of times in the last 53 years and I've seen the same with other people.
    Now imagine finding your own and they just happen to go by the same name as you.
    Now imagine the same for five other people you worked with: in total six people who look just like you and your five friends and in all six cases, the look-alikes use the same name as you and your five friends.

That isn't credible: that's incredible.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '17 15:35
    If you believe Snopes, it's just a coincidence that six people have the same name as six of the people who reportedly died that day.
    And it's just a coincidence that six people look just like six of the people who reportedly died that day.
    And it's just a coincidence that the same six people with the same name also happen to be the same six people who lo ...[text shortened]... likes use the same name as you and your five friends.

That isn't credible: that's incredible.
    So why don't you take a telescope and take a picture or two of those buildings 30 miles away and post them here? Do you seriously think we would be taking your word for ANYTHING?
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 May '17 15:40
    So why don't you take a telescope and take a picture or two of those buildings 30 miles away and post them here? Do you seriously think we would be taking your word for ANYTHING?
    You won't take it when it's staring you right in the face, so why would you take it from me?
    Do your own research for a change.
    You're not that far from me here, maybe two hours away.
    Come on up to the North Shore and I'll show you around.

Bet you $100 you won't take me up on it.
    That would pay for your gas, the toll and a nice dinner just to shut me up.
    And yet, you won't do it.
    Tell you what: I'll bet you five times that you won't do it.
    $500, meet me here at my house and I'll show you the sites.
    The only caveat: you have to post a description of what you see while standing on the shore looking east and north of my house.

You simply will not do it, guaranteed.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '17 15:57
    You won't take it when it's staring you right in the face, so why would you take it from me?
    Do your own research for a change.
    You're not that far from me here, maybe two hours away.
    Come on up to the North Shore and I'll show you around.

Bet you $100 you won't take me up on it.
    That would pay for your gas, the toll and a nice dinner just to shut m ...[text shortened]... nding on the shore looking east and north of my house.

You simply will not do it, guaranteed.
    Since I actually WORK for a living I am unable to do that. YOU are the one claiming impossibles so YOU are the one who needs to come up with real honest evidence. I certainly WOULD come up and tell you to your face you are a traitor if I was able.

I happen to have a high tech job and have had such work since way before Apollo, like I said, TDRS was my first satellite work but there was a LOT more I never mentioned but my present job requires an 80 mile one way commute 5 or 6 days a week and sometimes 10 or 12 hours on the job and I am very good at it, like I said, one engineer said I was an "electronic god', since I think outside the box and come up with unique solutions to hard problems. So I don't have time for your games. You made the claim. YOU prove it with telephoto evidence.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 May '17 16:05
    Since I actually WORK for a living I am unable to do that. YOU are the one claiming impossibles so YOU are the one who needs to come up with real honest evidence. I certainly WOULD come up and tell you to your face you are a traitor if I was able.

I happen to have a high tech job and have had such work since way before Apollo, like I said, TDRS was my fi ...[text shortened]... . So I don't have time for your games. You made the claim. YOU prove it with telephoto evidence.
    It really doesn't matter what I provide, as you will call it bogus, faked, or in some other fashion, 'cooked.'
    No matter what, you will deny what is clearly in front of you.
    And I am perfectly okay with that.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '17 16:15
    It really doesn't matter what I provide, as you will call it bogus, faked, or in some other fashion, 'cooked.'
    No matter what, you will deny what is clearly in front of you.
    And I am perfectly okay with that.
    No, what your really mean is you would NEVER actually do work to provide evidence, That is YOUR MO, deny deny deny.

So try me, get a frigging cheapo telescope and take an image like the one of Chicago I provided.