Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 May '17 16:44
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    This is the agenda of the Patriot Movement who seem to want to make the US ungovernable, the agenda would make the US prey to foreign powers, so charges of treason aren't so wide of the mark as you think.
    Fair enough. Last year I would have said such a strategy was doomed to failure, but then Trump happened and it turned out there are enough people in the US that are dumb enough to want to destroy their own country that they just might succeed.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 May '17 16:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, what your really mean is you would NEVER actually do work to provide evidence, That is YOUR MO, deny deny deny.

So try me, get a frigging cheapo telescope and take an image like the one of Chicago I provided.
    I'm not inclined, frankly.
    Put forth your own effort.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '17 11:25
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I'm not inclined, frankly.
    Put forth your own effort.
    You are the one making the ridiculous claims so it is up to YOU to provide evidence. In not doing so you just embarrass yourself.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 May '17 13:00
    You are the one making the ridiculous claims so it is up to YOU to provide evidence. In not doing so you just embarrass yourself.
    I've already offered plenty of directional prods for anyone with half a brain to pursue, and we both know beyond knowing that no matter what I offer in terms of appearance will be rejected by you on some spurious reason unrelated to the facts.

I contend anyone can see objects which should be below the horizon.
    Further, I claim there are hundreds and thousands of examples throughout the world, with many or these presented online.
    If you haven't researched it yourself yet, no amount of pictures I offer will convince you, either.
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    15 May '17 13:03
    Give or take a couple of hours.

Pretty much every one of us who were old enough to be cognizant of what has happening on that fateful day in January of 1986 when the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded in the air above the Atlantic Ocean 73 seconds after lift off remember where we were when the news came out.
    It was a pretty big deal, right?

What you ...[text shortened]... exploded are alive and well today.
    What are the odds, right?

Please thumb down responsibly.
    You truly are an insufferable git.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 May '17 15:03
    Try videos, numbnuts.
    Why? Because, like your idol, the Donald, you can only ingest information if it is presented in an easy, pablum-like format?

Learn to freakin' read, man.
  7. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    15 May '17 16:41
    I contend anyone can see objects which should be below the horizon.
    When I stand on the beach at Eastbourne, in the South of England, I can't see anything of France even though it's only about 45 miles away. Why?

Even if I go up nearby Beachy Head (a cliff about 500 feet high and a popular suicide spot) I still can't see anything of France. Why?

Perhaps Freaky lives at the only flat spot on Earth. Or perhaps he's talking BS.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '17 17:141 edit
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    When I stand on the beach at Eastbourne, in the South of England, I can't see anything of France even though it's only about 45 miles away. Why?

Even if I go up nearby Beachy Head (a cliff about 500 feet high and a popular suicide spot) I still can't see anything of France. Why?

Perhaps Freaky lives at the only flat spot on Earth. Or perhaps he's talking BS.
    I'l go with option #2. At eye level, 45 miles away, you could only see somthing about 1350 feet in the air. Doubt there would be anything that tall close to the beach in France, but don;t know for sure.
  9. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    15 May '17 17:141 edit
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    ...Or perhaps he's talking BS.
    I think you may be on to something.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '17 17:21
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I think you may be on to something.
    The freak claims he sees the bottom of the buildings across the water I think 30 odd miles away. I dared him to give us an image with a telescope to verify that claim but he refuses.

He says, I am only a few hours drive away, why don't I come up there and do it myself.

Of course even if I did that and had photographic proof you only see part of the buildings where the bulge in the water would block imaging the bottom half he would just move the goalpost again like he always does.
  11. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    15 May '17 17:321 edit
    I'l go with option #2. At eye level, 45 miles away, you could only see somthing about 1350 feet in the air. Doubt there would be anything that tall close to the beach in France, but don;t know for sure.
    I don't think there's anything that tall in the whole of France. However France is a fairly big object in itself and I would expect to be able to see some of it from 45 miles ( unless Freaky is wrong about the Earth's flatness).
  12. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    15 May '17 17:39
    The freak claims he sees the bottom of the buildings across the water I think 30 odd miles away. I dared him to give us an image with a telescope to verify that claim but he refuses.

He says, I am only a few hours drive away, why don't I come up there and do it myself.

Of course even if I did that and had photographic proof you only see part of the bu ...[text shortened]... r would block imaging the bottom half he would just move the goalpost again like he always does.
    He's either trolling or completely nuts. I think it's the former, but either way it's a lost cause. Keep trying though if it fulfills you!
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '17 17:551 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    He's either trolling or completely nuts. I think it's the former, but either way it's a lost cause. Keep trying though if it fulfills you!
    Well my job here is mostly looking up stuff to buy, boring, or utter panic when one of my sputtering machines takes a dump. When they die, If I don't fix them, the company grinds to a screeching halt, all the parts we make, 99% anyway gets coated with SIC and I have to keep them running.

So when everything runs I have comp time so I do internet till the next crisis or our resident Phd has a project for me. I wear several hats here.

So it is mildly entertaining to keep bugging this troll to produce real evidence of his 'sightings' of bottoms of buildings 30 miles away and the rest of his delusions, the sun is only a few thousand miles up, the moon is even closer and maybe 30 miles across AND is a self emitting body, GPS doesn't come from sateliites but ground stations, and I pointed out they work just fine in the middle of the Pacific ocean thousands of miles from any land, doesn't phase him.

NASA ALWAYS lies, nobody when to the moon, the space programs of the entire planet are ALL faked.

Coriolis effect is bogus (flatassers can't have a spinning Earth)

And on and on.

nobody ever flew over the entirety of Antarctica or circumnavigated it since in the flatasss universe Antarctica is a ring around the flat planet.

NASA imaged ALL of Antarctica but of course that is pronounced a fake by the freak since NASA ALWAYS LIES.

Etc. Etc. Etc.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 May '17 19:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why? Because, like your idol, the Donald, you can only ingest information if it is presented in an easy, pablum-like format?

Learn to freakin' read, man.
    Even your insults are tired.
    Perhaps that concealer you use can work its magic on these thread-bare puffs.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 May '17 20:17

Of course even if I did that and had photographic proof you only see part of the bu ...[text shortened]... r would block imaging the bottom half he would just move the goalpost again like he always does.
    Forget seeing the ground or the buildings below.
    How are the stacks at all visible?
    How can the turbine be seen in its entirety?