Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. 02 Jul '05 00:56
    I'm posting this idea here because I can't get a straight answer in the site ideas forum. IF NONSUBS HAD 6 MONTHS TO DECIDE ON THEIR PRESENT LEVEL OF SERVICE FOR $15/YR. or a $30 FULL SUBSCRIPTION, WOULD THIS BE A FAIR AND VIABLE SOLUTION?
  2. 03 Jul '05 01:57
    If nonsubs are necessary for site survival, please consider offering 20 games max. and tournaments for $15/yr. This is only an example.
  3. Standard member Ringtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    03 Jul '05 02:48
    It is 30$ per year...if that is going to put you into starvation I suggest you sell your computer and get rid of your internet account. Buy some pork chops or something.
  4. 03 Jul '05 06:55
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    It is 30$ per year...if that is going to put you into starvation I suggest you sell your computer and get rid of your internet account. Buy some pork chops or something.
    Why should I pay full price, when I only have time for 25-50% of the features? Isn't $15 better than $0.00?...Are you a.k.a. Rapalla7?
  5. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    04 Jul '05 12:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by King Scotty
    Why should I pay full price, when I only have time for 25-50% of the features? Isn't $15 better than $0.00?...Are you a.k.a. Rapalla7?
    Russ sets the prices. Don't like it then go somewhere else. I'll guarantee you can't get a subscription to a site anywhere near as good as this one is for $30 let alone $15.

EDIT: And cross-posting is just annoying, don't do it.
  6. Standard member gotti2000
    The winemaker
    08 Jul '05 21:54 / 2 edits
    As a matter of fact, we never use the full range of features of the software that runs on our computers.
  7. Standard member gotti2000
    The winemaker
    08 Jul '05 21:58 / 1 edit
    If nonsubs are necessary for site survival, please consider offering 20 games max. and tournaments for $15/yr. This is only an example.
    I think we had that request already in the past. The workaround is to buy a monthly subscription for 5.95 only, join a few tournaments during that time and because you don't get kicked out of running tournaments if your subscription expires you can renew your monthly subscription once you get bored due to finished tournaments.

Gotti
  8. 12 Jul '05 14:01
    I'm posting this idea here because I can't get a straight answer in the site ideas forum. IF NONSUBS HAD 6 MONTHS TO DECIDE ON THEIR PRESENT LEVEL OF SERVICE FOR $15/YR. or a $30 FULL SUBSCRIPTION, WOULD THIS BE A FAIR AND VIABLE SOLUTION?
    don't even try it I have brought this up several times.........
  9. 13 Jul '05 04:35
    Here we go again. Guess this will never end.
  10. 13 Jul '05 04:47
    Yes, and how is Russ going to monitor all that? between the "half subs and full subs" as you called it? And the full sub will get a star what do a half sub get then? surely not half a star?
  11. 25 Jul '05 17:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Russ sets the prices. Don't like it then go somewhere else. I'll guarantee you can't get a subscription to a site anywhere near as good as this one is for $30 let alone $15.

moviemistakes.com is just $10 a year...

I support this idea, but only because it would add a new social class between subs and non-subs.

Behold the era of the semi-subs
  12. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    26 Jul '05 08:46
    Originally posted by Coconut

moviemistakes.com is just $10 a year...

I support this idea, but only because it would add a new social class between subs and non-subs.

Behold the era of the semi-subs
    We don't need no stinking middle class. If you feel you aren't getting value for money here then that's your perogative. Most other people seem to feel it's worth it.