Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. Standard member barstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    23 Nov '08 05:08 / 1 edit
    for private team viewing members have requested we develop an automatic scoring system.
    the system would recognise date and time clan challenge finishes and adds points to the teams score tally if team wins or draws.

could be set up to show the team line ups, each the players results, the total challenge points
    the teams total/net points for the year
    and the team alltime points and rankings and links to each relevant webpage.
    also calculates how many times a clan member has appeared in a finished clan challenge.

the idea gives all clan members easy viewing to all the teams current results, including clan challenges we are not involved in.
    anyone possibly write a script to do this?
  2. 24 Nov '08 00:55
    That sounds like a fantastic idea, it would added that extra dimension. I also think it would entice a few more non-subscribers to think about subscribing.
  3. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    01 Dec '08 16:15
    Originally posted by barstudd
    for private team viewing members have requested we develop an automatic scoring system.
    the system would recognise date and time clan challenge finishes and adds points to the teams score tally if team wins or draws.

could be set up to show the team line ups, each the players results, the total challenge points
    the teams total/net points for the year
    ...[text shortened]... s, including clan challenges we are not involved in.
    anyone possibly write a script to do this?
    So in short you want a script to show how well an individual player has done in Clan challenges?
  4. 03 Dec '08 16:27
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    So in short you want a script to show how well an individual player has done in Clan challenges?
    Pretty much! It would be great to see how each member of the clan contributes to the clan's success over time. It feels like the contribution of those who participate in a lot of 1, 2 or 3 person clan challenges gets lost in the mix sometimes, as it is sometimes difficult to follow the outcome of those challenges.

I think B's suggestion contains a fair bit of detail on exactly what data could be presented (I see a modification of the usual clan homepage), but anything close to that would be great. I would think many clans would like to know this interesting (and trivial!) info.

SKNYC