Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. Standard member randolf
    Emperor
    18 Apr '06 15:57
    Is it possible to make the RHP games list page automatically refresh like gmail does?

Maybe this has been suggested already or maybe I need to play about with my web browser to make this happen?

CAJB
  2. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    13 May '06 11:22
    Originally posted by coentje
    If you have firefox and greasemonkey you could use this script to autoreload your page.
    Russ has removed links to these auto updaters a number of times. They could really place an unnecessary strain on the server, with the pages reloading, even though you are not even at your computer.

As an alternative, use the email notifications with an email receipt notifier, or 1 of the two tools developed specifically for this purpose.

D
  3. Standard member coentje
    Plop!
    14 May '06 06:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Russ has removed links to these auto updaters a number of times. They could really place an unnecessary strain on the server, with the pages reloading, even though you are not even at your computer.

As an alternative, use the email notifications with an email receipt notifier, or 1 of the two tools developed specifically for this purpose.

D
    a, sorry i did not know that. I can't seem to edit my post anymore else i would remove the link there.

Thanks for educating me

edit: i alerted the moderator so he can remove it if he deems necessary.
  4. 24 May '06 15:05
    Originally posted by randolf
    Is it possible to make the RHP games list page automatically refresh like gmail does?

Maybe this has been suggested already or maybe I need to play about with my web browser to make this happen?

CAJB
    Pending Russ's approval, I have a script that will probably work for you if you use firefox. It dont reload the page, but as long as you have your games page open, you can go on and do whatever in another tab and a messabe box will show when you have a game waiting.
  5. Standard member coentje
    Plop!
    25 May '06 03:47
    Originally posted by Wayne1324
    Pending Russ's approval, I have a script that will probably work for you if you use firefox. It dont reload the page, but as long as you have your games page open, you can go on and do whatever in another tab and a messabe box will show when you have a game waiting.
    That would be a better solution then an auto-reload. If would be even better (for me anyway) if you could put a message in the status bar or in the page title with x games waiting or something like that.
  6. 25 May '06 03:50 / 2 edits
    That would be a better solution then an auto-reload. If would be even better (for me anyway) if you could put a message in the status bar or in the page title with x games waiting or something like that.
    I can put it in the page's title but it seems redundant along side a message box.

If you do want it in the title, I'll do that too. I aim to please!

Go here to get it...

http://www.omacmv.com/gmscripts/rhpmovewaitinginformer.user.js
  7. Standard member coentje
    Plop!
    25 May '06 20:37
    I can put it in the page's title but it seems redundant along side a message box.

If you do want it in the title, I'll do that too. I aim to please!

Go here to get it...

I prefer the message in the title over the messagebox.

A msgbox tends to grab focus away from anything else i might be doing, the title will let me see immediatly what is waiting for me.
  8. 25 May '06 22:00
    I prefer the message in the title over the messagebox.

A msgbox tends to grab focus away from anything else i might be doing, the title will let me see immediatly what is waiting for me.
    Ok, here you go...

The messagebox is enabled by default, to disable it click on Tools->Manage User Scripts...

In the list, look for "RHP Move Waiting Informer". Select it and click on the "Edit" button.

Scroll down and change the line that reads "var showMessageBox = true;" to "var showMessageBox = false;"

When you have a game waiting, you will see the page reload and the title will change to "RHP - Game(s) Waiting...". However, this will only change the title of the tab, only when you click in this tab will firefox's title bar change.
  9. Standard member coentje
    Plop!
    28 May '06 03:42
    Ok, here you go...

The messagebox is enabled by default, to disable it click on Tools->Manage User Scripts...

In the list, look for "RHP Move Waiting Informer". Select it and click on the "Edit" button.

Scroll down and change the line that reads "var showMessageBox = true;" to "var ...[text shortened]... he title of the tab, only when you click in this tab will firefox's title bar change.
    That is perfect for me. That way i can just keep it open and with a look at my task bar i can see if there is a move waiting for me.
  10. 28 May '06 14:53
    That is perfect for me. That way i can just keep it open and with a look at my task bar i can see if there is a move waiting for me.
    I'm glad it will work for you. Thanks!