Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. 12 Jun '08 17:43
    Hello,
    I don't know if you thought of it, but it would be nice if we could play Bobby Fischer chess, also known as chess 960 on RHP. What do you think ?
  2. 13 Jun '08 18:23
    Originally posted by Blatzstock
    Hello,
    I don't know if you thought of it, but it would be nice if we could play Bobby Fischer chess, also known as chess 960 on RHP. What do you think ?
    Try:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/paintboard.php?urlfen=rnbqkbnr%2Fpppppppp%2F8%2F8%2F8%2F8%2FPPPPPPPP%2FRNBQKBNR+w+KQkq+-+0+1
  3. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    16 Jun '08 13:20
    Originally posted by Blatzstock
    Hello,
    It would be a good idea.
  4. 18 Jun '08 02:35
    You can play now using a set position game. Only thing that doesn't work is castling if the king and rooks have non-standard starting positions.
  5. 22 Jun '08 05:21
    Originally posted by Deece
    You can play now using a set position game. Only thing that doesn't work is castling if the king and rooks have non-standard starting positions.
    Would be nice to implement the 960-rules in action.
    And have a separate rating too.

The usual rules of chess is only a special case of 960-rulse, so it is worthwhile.

(P.S. Yes, I've changed my mind abut 960!)
  6. 22 Jun '08 10:11
    In terms of actually playing the games, all that is required is an implementation of the chess 960 castling rules. Then on the create game page there could be a flag indicating a 960 game, edit box to enter game number and a button to randomly pick one of the layouts. At least that's what I see in my head.

If the games were rated then I agree that it would have to be a separate rating.

Chess-960 tournaments would be interesting as well.
  7. 14 Jan '09 18:11
    Hi.

The idea is very good ! But has the idea been abandonned ? Last post is from 04/2007
    Anyway, I post for another vote in favor .

Rgds,
    Goku
  8. 04 May '09 20:47
    i like this idea