Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. 04 Aug '05 05:54
    flaming in the forums is a problem. i propose that a flame icon be added. if a flaming post is posted those offended need not reply but just post a flame icon. the moderators could monitor "flames" and make a fair decision thus saving forum space. as rec. are added up so could "flames" against a poster . after a predetermined no. of flames the poster could be cautioned or have their posting rights cut.im sure something like that could be arranged. this would allow the offended to protest without adding more insult to injury.if the post was fair and it received many flames it would just hilight a problem and give moderators a better understanding of the poster and just wipe it out.
  2. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    04 Aug '05 08:01
    Bad idea, any visual gimmick will just encourage people to start flames. The system of clicking the "Alert Mod" button on offending posts seems to work well.
  3. 04 Aug '05 08:25
    is this "alert mod" function a feature to subscribers? if it is then that would work well. as im not a subscriber (im thinking about it) it doesnt appear on my browser. the last time i had anything to do with rhp only subscribers could post. that led to a ganging up on non subscribers. mind you i do believe in "user pays"
  4. 05 Aug '05 08:44
    Originally posted by Exy
    Bad idea, any visual gimmick will just encourage people to start flames. The system of clicking the "Alert Mod" button on offending posts seems to work well.
    I couldn't have put it better myself.