Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. 26 Jul '07 14:17
    Unfortunately, due to the recent updates to the site, some of the functionality has been lost from the greasemonkey scripts, the one I am thinking of is the 'My Games' script ouroboros created. I can no longer see how much time is left before timebank begins, and how much timeout there is left.
    Does anyone else have this problem? Will this be fixed?
  2. 26 Jul '07 18:39
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Mine don't work either.
  3. Standard member mochiron
    The Don
    26 Jul '07 18:43
    Originally posted by rodrigonovaes
    Mine don't work either.
    This happened before. If i remember rite you have to load all the grease monkey stuff you want again. All my grease monkey links are down as well..

Could be a Cylon Virus.....
  4. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    26 Jul '07 20:24
    Originally posted by mochiron
    This happened before. If i remember rite you have to load all the grease monkey stuff you want again. All my grease monkey links are down as well..

Could be a Cylon Virus.....
    Is that confirmed...? I'd hate to spend my time re-loading them all for nothing. Plus I've lost the link
  5. 26 Jul '07 21:16
    I tried reinstalling the script for the "My Games" page and nothing happened.
  6. Standard member mochiron
    The Don
    26 Jul '07 22:53
    Originally posted by rhb
    Is that confirmed...? I'd hate to spend my time re-loading them all for nothing. Plus I've lost the link
    NO not confirmed. Just that is what I thought I did. Maybe I am wrong..Sorry Rhb....
  7. 27 Jul '07 11:13
    The script will have to be updated by the author. Since the page is now formatted differently, it doesn't match up to put in the new columns/links.
  8. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    27 Jul '07 15:13
    Mine doesn't work either. There's no easy fix. The timeleft and timebank data used to be stored on the 'My Games' page itself. Currently, when you click on the 'info' link it hits the server for the data. To incorporate the information on the page again, would require extra hits on the server to get the information each time the 'My Games' page was loaded.

It might be possible to load the data once, store it, and then do the calculations locally each subsequent time.
  9. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    28 Jul '07 08:55
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Mine doesn't work either. There's no easy fix. The timeleft and timebank data used to be stored on the 'My Games' page itself. Currently, when you click on the 'info' link it hits the server for the data. To incorporate the information on the page again, would require extra hits on the server to get the information each time the 'My Games' page was loa ...[text shortened]... load the data once, store it, and then do the calculations locally each subsequent time.
    Am I wrong in my recollection that timeout remaining used to be shown in that little info tab?

I really don't see what has been added with this latest update apart from using flashier components? If I want to read through messages, I think I'd just use the old way, as it's much nicer to be able to see the messages in that format.

D
  10. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    28 Jul '07 14:01
    Guys,

The additional game data is requested on demand now, and not embedded in the page as before.

I'll get this column added to RHP itself, so don't waste time trying to figure out a work around. I had planned to have it done today, but yet again the internet connection goes down at my office. (The flooding is still causing problems.)

I'll try to get modified code up Monday morning.

-Russ
  11. Standard member Anzelak
    Sloth's First King
    28 Jul '07 14:04
    Originally posted by Russ
    Guys,

The additional game data is requested on demand now, and not embedded in the page as before.

I'll get this column added to RHP itself, so don't waste time trying to figure out a work around. I had planned to have it done today, but yet again the internet connection goes down at my office. (The flooding is still causing problems.)

-Russ
    Bloody wonderful

Where is your office? Hope you've not had any damage to your home as a result of the flooding. Our gardens ruined; too close to Mansfield's filthy river. Could have been worse though.
  12. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    28 Jul '07 14:38
    Guys,

-Russ
    Nice one.

Thanks.

D
  13. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    28 Jul '07 15:03
    Originally posted by Anzelak
    Bloody wonderful

Where is your office? Hope you've not had any damage to your home as a result of the flooding. Our gardens ruined; too close to Mansfield's filthy river. Could have been worse though.
    No big deal for me, my house if fine, but the server room in the building where I lease an office is located in the cellar. No water entered the building through the door, but the water table obviously changed somewhat over the last few weeks.

I was impressed that the kit stuck in the top of the racks kept working, despite the being plugged into the mains under 3 feet of water...

-Russ
  14. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    28 Jul '07 20:08
    The way it worked in the Greasemonkey script was perfect, bold font when it was timebank remaining being displayed.

D
  15. 30 Jul '07 11:38
    I think it has been added now, thanks Russ.