Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. Standard member Hindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    06 Feb '07 21:00
    Hi guys,

Any chance of a script that adds a link to Games explorer?

Would be great! ... unless of course that Russ and co adds one soon.
    Cheers
    Hindstein
  2. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    17 Feb '07 16:42
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    Hi guys,

Any chance of a script that adds a link to Games explorer?

Would be great! ... unless of course that Russ and co adds one soon.
    Cheers
    Hindstein
    Limited functionality for doing this is now in my RHP extension.
  3. Standard member Hindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    18 Feb '07 01:18
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Thanks - great extension, BTW!
  4. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    18 Feb '07 13:45 / 1 edit
    Where is the link for the explorer put?

D
  5. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    18 Feb '07 13:52
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Where is the link for the explorer put?

D
    Right underneath one of the other links. I think that it's 'Resign' and right above the 'Analyze Game' link.
  6. Standard member dweezil
    Canuck savant
    19 Feb '07 20:50
    Right underneath one of the other links. I think that it's 'Resign' and right above the 'Analyze Game' link.
    This is great stuff, thanks for all your work!
  7. Standard member rbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    20 Feb '07 04:22
    This is awesome. My only suggestion would be to make it default to the database of 1900+ games or Master games.
  8. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    22 Feb '07 18:16
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    This is awesome. My only suggestion would be to make it default to the database of 1900+ games or Master games.
    Added in the newest version. In the 'General Options' you can pick which category of games to search by default.
  9. 22 Feb '07 19:12
    Added in the newest version. In the 'General Options' you can pick which category of games to search by default.
    The newest version won't install. It says it will be installed once I restart Firefox. It still says so after restarting Firefox. Other extensions I tried to update at the same time updated just fine.
  10. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    22 Feb '07 19:22
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    The newest version won't install. It says it will be installed once I restart Firefox. It still says so after restarting Firefox. Other extensions I tried to update at the same time updated just fine.
    Try uninstalling the application first and then re-installing from:

http://ouroboros.chessmob.org/rhp/extensions/rhp.xpi
  11. 23 Feb '07 01:40
    Try uninstalling the application first and then re-installing from:

http://ouroboros.chessmob.org/rhp/extensions/rhp.xpi
    That doesn't help. (Not even after clearing the cache and biscuits.)
  12. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    23 Feb '07 14:09 / 1 edit
    That doesn't help. (Not even after clearing the cache and biscuits.)
    1) Go to: about:config and filter for rhp.
    2) Reset all variables that are listed in bold. (right click on the variable)
    3) Uninstall the extension.
    4) Shutdown Firefox.
    5) Open the Task Manager and under 'Processes' make sure that firefox.exe isn't running.
    6) Start Firefox.
    7) Go to: http://ouroboros.chessmob.org/rhp/extensions/rhp.xpi
    8) Restart Firefox.

See if that helps.
  13. 24 Feb '07 13:28 / 1 edit
    1) Go to: about:config and filter for rhp.
    2) Reset all variables that are listed in bold. (right click on the variable)
    3) Uninstall the extension.
    4) Shutdown Firefox.
    5) Open the Task Manager and under 'Processes' make sure that firefox.exe isn't running.
    6) Start Firefox.
    7) Go to: http://ouroboros.chessmob.org/rhp/extensions/rhp.xpi
    8) Restart Firefox.

See if that helps.
    Thanks. I didn't manage to get the extension uninstalled, but this time it was installed correctly when I restarted Firefox. Maybe that has something to do with the Firefox update. Anyway, it's working.

Edit: By the way, the people who don't have a flag in their profile still have one in the forums. Interestingly, while Bosse de Nage still has the Norwegian flag, lausey now has a Slovenian one, a flag I have never used myself.
  14. 24 Feb '07 15:56
    Thanks. I didn't manage to get the extension uninstalled, but this time it was installed correctly when I restarted Firefox. Maybe that has something to do with the Firefox update. Anyway, it's working.

Edit: By the way, the people who don't have a flag in their profile still have one in the forums. Interestingly, while Bosse de Nage still has the Norwegian flag, lausey now has a Slovenian one, a flag I have never used myself.
    Now I seem to have an american flag in the forums (yet, I don't have a country set in my profile).

I think I have figured what the bug is. The last person who has a flag set to view the profile of someone who doesn't have a flag set ends up setting the country ID of that person on the database. From then on (until the profile is viewed by someone else) that flag remains there.
  15. 24 Feb '07 16:29
    Originally posted by lausey
    Now I seem to have an american flag in the forums (yet, I don't have a country set in my profile).

I think I have figured what the bug is. The last person who has a flag set to view the profile of someone who doesn't have a flag set ends up setting the country ID of that person on the database. From then on (until the profile is viewed by someone else) that flag remains there.
    I just tested it - viewed your profile to give you a nicer flag , but your flag is still American. Maybe it doesn't get updated immediately?