Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

  1. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    10 Aug '05 18:36
    Added a 'Get PGN/FEN' link to the active game page so you don't have to go to the game history page first.

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/game.user.js
  2. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    10 Aug '05 19:31
    Added a 'Search games between players' link.
  3. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    11 Aug '05 01:37
    New script at:

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/pgn.user.js

    which puts a link to the Lokasoft Tablebase server on the 'Get PGN or FEN' page. The link will send a query to the tableserver for the current position.
  4. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    11 Aug '05 02:35
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    New script at:

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/pgn.user.js

    which puts a link to the Lokasoft Tablebase server on the 'Get PGN or FEN' page. The link will send a query to the tableserver for the current position.
    I thought tablebases weren't allowed at RHP?
  5. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    11 Aug '05 05:17
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I thought tablebases weren't allowed at RHP?
    Did a quick search through the TOS, just now, and didn't find anything...

    If they aren't allowed, I'll drop the script.
  6. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    11 Aug '05 10:10
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Did a quick search through the TOS, just now, and didn't find anything...

    If they aren't allowed, I'll drop the script.
    I vaguely remember recieving a clarification that tablebases weren't allowed. You're right though the TOS isn't clear.
  7. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    11 Aug '05 19:07
    New one to add percentages beside the wins, losses, and draws data in the player tables.

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/tables.user.js
  8. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    05 Sep '05 13:16 / 1 edit
    New one to mark read threads in forums. When you view a forum, all threads that have unread posts in them are marked in bold. When you view a thread, it will take the date of the last post on the page and assume that all posts in that thread, up to that time have been read. If it happens that this is the last post in the thread, the entire thread will appear as read.

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/
  9. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    06 Sep '05 11:24
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    New one to mark read threads in forums. When you view a forum, all threads that have unread posts in them are marked in bold. When you view a thread, it will take the date of the last post on the page and assume that all posts in that thread, up to that time have been read. If it happens that this is the last post in the thread, the entire thread will appear as read.

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/
    Could you do one that allows easier access to the private clan forums?

    From the forum list page would be great.
  10. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    12 Sep '05 19:25
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Could you do one that allows easier access to the private clan forums?

    From the forum list page would be great.
    Done. Script's at http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/private_forums.user.js
  11. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    20 Sep '05 14:52
    Added the private clan forum links to the 'forum list' page. It doesn't show the last post time as that would need to be checked each time the page was loaded which would be too heavy.
  12. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    27 Dec '05 11:58
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Added the private clan forum links to the 'forum list' page. It doesn't show the last post time as that would need to be checked each time the page was loaded which would be too heavy.
    Thanks for those, ouroboros.

    Some of them are very handy. Will suggest some if I think of anything useful.

    D
  13. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    27 Dec '05 11:59
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    New script at:

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/pgn.user.js

    which puts a link to the Lokasoft Tablebase server on the 'Get PGN or FEN' page. The link will send a query to the tableserver for the current position.
    Yeah, X is right. Tablebases aren't allowed at RHP.

    D
  14. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    27 Dec '05 12:39
    I dunno if you're still developing, but there are a few things that you might be able to do to improve the site.

    1) Save Notebook on your turn, without having to make a move.
    2) Turn player's names into links to their profiles in the ongoing tournament tables page and clan challenge pages.
    3) Show last poster in a forum on the Forum Index page
    4) When a game has been complete, it would be nice to have the move navigators on the active game page for clicking through the game, when you go into the game from My Games. At the moment, to go back over the game you have to click on analyse move, which seems a waste of clicks.
    5) Counters. I'm not sure if this is possible through greasemonkey scripts, but it'd be great to have a few counters on the site. For example, A counter to accompany each thread title, which shows how many times the thread has been viewed. I think this is vital, as sometimes you're not sure if people have seen a thread and just aren't bothered, or whether they haven't seen the thread at all. A counter on your profile would be nice as well.
    6) A news ticker for the My Games page would be nice as well. This could be used to announce new tournaments, new announcement threads, and New votes. Thread 32271
    7) A speech bubble next to just completed games on the My Games page, where your opponent has left a final message on resigning (or checkmating, etc). Sometimes these messages never get read, due to players not knowing that they are there.
    8) A date for when the Vacation is put up, would be great, especially seeing as most vacation messages are along the lines of "Back in 6 days"

    Dunno if these are possible through greasemonkey, or whether Russ would have to do them, but they are a few things for you to chew on.

    Cheers,

    D
  15. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    27 Dec '05 19:07
    i got an error

    line:32
    Char:4
    Error: 'document' is undefined
    Code: 800A1391
    Source: Microsoft JScript runtime error