Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. Standard member hAnimate
    mean & green
    20 Jul '07 13:41
    Would it be possible to possible "permanent skip" some games or give them ultra-low priority so they will not automatically come up as next game to move?

The reason I ask is that some clans i am in are playing consultation games against each other (unrated challenge by two members of each clan - moves decided upon by the respective clans in their forums) but half a dozen tries already ended prematurely because the player hosting the game were quick and frequent mover who when the other clan made their move was suprised by it and moved as though it were one of their own withoutconsulting the clan.

It takes quite some control to deliberately skip the same game for a week when you have 20 - 100 games going on.

The feature would also be useful in buddy games with frequent players that you're not really in a hurry to finish off.

I realize this feature could be abused if it enabled player to stall losing games, that is why suggest it might be limited to unrated games?

Probably very complicated huh ?

2. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    20 Jul '07 21:28
    Originally posted by hAnimate
    Would it be possible to possible "permanent skip" some games or give them ultra-low priority so they will not automatically come up as next game to move?

The reason I ask is that some clans i am in are playing consultation games against each other (unrated challenge by two members of each clan - moves decided upon by the respective clans in their forums) ...[text shortened]... why suggest it might be limited to unrated games?

Probably very complicated huh ?

Sounds a good idea
  3. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    21 Jul '07 01:58
    i'm the culprit .. . i had 280 games and thought that i could be a "consult coordinator" and i was dead wrong . .because all the games pop up looking exactly alike . . .

either have the unrated games so that you have to "go to" them

or

have them pop up a different color . .or some noticable icon . .or something . . . . would be VERY helpful

thanks for considering
  4. Standard member hAnimate
    mean & green
    21 Jul '07 06:17
    Originally posted by coquette
    i'm the culprit .. . i had 280 games and thought that i could be a "consult coordinator" and i was dead wrong . .because all the games pop up looking exactly alike . . .

either have the unrated games so that you have to "go to" them

or

have them pop up a different color . .or some noticable icon . .or something . . . . would be VERY helpful

thanks for considering
    I know, but there were others, they just didn't keep trying like you did
    that is why you blundered up a couple of times and they did only once...

and it would be easy to say the game host should always be someone with only a few games going on... but how many players are actively participating in a clan and only have 6 games going on? They are rare!
  5. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    22 Jul '07 05:10
    i guess that's the point