Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. 06 Jan '06 19:53
    Have you considered putting all the CSS rules for this site in its own CSS-template? That way, if we'd like (and I'd like) we can create our own CSS-templates to suite our personal needs better. Like rearranging layout and hiding things we don't need. You know? That sort of thing.

I noticed that the HTML relies heavily on tables, so unless you're about to change that to layers I guess we can't rearrange the layout a lot with CSS, but at least choosing colors, fonts, personal smileys and the like, would be nice. I think.

Of course, this should be a feature for subscribing members (or a non-subscriber could potentially hide banners, which would defeat their purpose). We could provide the URL to our own CSS-templates like we do with our profile and avatar pics.
  2. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    08 Jan '06 13:45
    Originally posted by stocken
    Have you considered putting all the CSS rules for this site in its own CSS-template? That way, if we'd like (and I'd like) we can create our own CSS-templates to suite our personal needs better. Like rearranging layout and hiding things we don't need. You know? That sort of thing.

I noticed that the HTML relies heavily on tables, so unless you're about to ...[text shortened]... could provide the URL to our own CSS-templates like we do with our profile and avatar pics.
    The greasemonkey script "page recolorization" does part of what you want.
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/793

I use it mainly for changing white writing on black background to black on white.

D
  3. 08 Jan '06 15:27
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The greasemonkey script "page recolorization" does part of what you want.
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/793

I use it mainly for changing white writing on black background to black on white.

D
    Thanks for the link.

I think I may have found another way, though. I'd really like to use my own CSS-template (to gain full control over appearance). I thought about it and realized it should be possible to write my own templates and have them associated with different sites. I haven't figured out how yet (although this link seem promising - http://persistent.info/archives/2004/10/05/gmail-skinning - It's a bit outdated, but it should still work with ff*).

This way the developer(s) of RHP won't have to change anything. If they change the HTML, I'll just edit my RHP template.

*) The example in the link uses an id for the body to separate different sites. Very few sites have these ID:s, but I'm hoping to convince the maintainers of the sites I care to customize to do that. It's simple enough. RHP actually uses a class identifier, which would work for me as well.
  4. 23 Jan '06 17:49
    Try using browsers in "user mode" instead of "author mode". For Opera this can be done easily (by clicking a button) and you can use your own CSS, or one of those included in Opera - like "High Contrast (B/W)" or "Accessibility Layout".

I dunno about other browsers, but at least Firefox should offer sth similar...
  5. 26 May '06 08:35
    Just testing something...