Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. 12 Aug '18 10:56
    I would like to see a play back button that when pressed takes you back through the moves. I know there is the move thread, but it is hard to follow. A play back button would move the last move, then the one before that.
    I have attracted people here from other chesss sites, but all but one laft because this feature is not present on this site.
  2. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    12 Aug '18 11:16
    Originally posted by @norfolk-and-good
    I would like to see a play back button that when pressed takes you back through the moves. I know there is the move thread, but it is hard to follow. A play back button would move the last move, then the one before that.
    I have attracted people here from other chesss sites, but all but one laft because this feature is not present on this site.
    That sounds to me exactly like a feature that has existed for quite some time here at RHP.

When you are on a game page, look at the "game history" button in the upper right part of the page, just under the player names. If you click that, you can then go through the game from start to finish, and can step it forward or backward one move at a time or just have it play through the game automatically.

When you're through playing with the game history, click that button again to return to the main board.
  3. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    12 Aug '18 12:18
    Originally posted by @mwmiller
    That sounds to me exactly like a feature that has existed for quite some time here at RHP.

When you are on a game page, look at the "game history" button in the upper right part of the page, just under the player names. If you click that, you can then go through the game from start to finish, and can step it forward or backward one move at a time or ju ...[text shortened]... u're through playing with the game history, click that button again to return to the main board.
    My error, the 'game history' button is just above the player names, not under.