Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. 27 Sep '04 13:20
    I'm not sure about everyone else, but sometimes when I make a move then click move, I then realize that I made the wrong move. So, I was thinking we should have like a redo button, and you can redo only your last move, and only if your opponent hasn't moved yet. I would like to see what everyone else thinks, please recommend if you like the idea.
  2. Standard member chris stephens
    i'll decide!
    27 Sep '04 13:56
    yes i think a redo button would be useful but only within certain conditions.
  3. 27 Sep '04 14:05
    Yes, me too. Maybe we should try to work ouy the conditions, like only one redo a week or the opponent has to agree with it, what does everyone else think?
  4. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    27 Sep '04 21:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Brad Esta
    I'm not sure about everyone else, but sometimes when I make a move then click move, I then realize that I made the wrong move. So, I was thinking we should have like a redo button, and you can redo only your last move, and only if your ...[text shortened]... what everyone else thinks, please recommend if you like the idea.
    I like the idea, but I like teaching myself restraint better.
    Make the move you thought about, requires you to think
    about the move you make. I have more than once right
    after I hit the move button seen my error, either a dropped
    piece, a discovered check, a mate in one. It happens, but
    only when I'm not giving my games the time I should when
    thinking about my next move.
    Kelly
  5. 30 Sep '04 23:40
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no.

If you're not sure of the move, don't make it. If you make it anyway, live with it.

FWIW half the time I make these blunders (I know I shouldn't, but I do) my opponent doesn't see it either and I have a tempo to recover.