Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

  1. 21 Aug '10 22:48
    Hi,
    I'm trying to develop a client, but getting repeated "500 Internal Server Error" when issuing a HTTP Get for "http://www.redhotpawn.com/xml/simple/gameswaitingcount_xml.php" - this request works from the browser, but without knowing why the server is barfing, I can't resolve it (I've spent all day trying!!!). Please could someone look at the logs (for the few hours prior to this post), you should see many such failed requests.

    Many thanks for you help.
  2. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    22 Aug '10 23:50
    Originally posted by sjmart1uk
    Hi,
    I'm trying to develop a client, but getting repeated "500 Internal Server Error" when issuing a HTTP Get for "http://www.redhotpawn.com/xml/simple/gameswaitingcount_xml.php" - this request works from the browser, but without knowing why the server is barfing, I can't resolve it (I've spent all day trying!!!). Please could someone look at the logs (fo ...[text shortened]... ior to this post), you should see many such failed requests.

    Many thanks for you help.
    Are you authenticating the request with a username/password?
  3. 23 Aug '10 04:35
    Yes, I believe so - using BasicCredentials some such. I've tried various code samples,but all have failed with 500 Internal Server Failure.
  4. 23 Aug '10 17:38
    Daemon Sin: So can you look at the server logs for me ?

    I've double checked the UsernamePassword credentials are being set.

    All research I've done suggests incorrect credentials would be a 401 - Access Denied.

    Also, it suggests finding the cause of a 500 code is easy, you just need to look at the server logs - but I can't.

    If you're not a sys admin either, then sorry - hence my request for help from a SysAdmin person.
  5. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    23 Aug '10 23:06
    Originally posted by sjmart1uk
    Daemon Sin: So can you look at the server logs for me ?

    I've double checked the UsernamePassword credentials are being set.

    All research I've done suggests incorrect credentials would be a 401 - Access Denied.

    Also, it suggests finding the cause of a 500 code is easy, you just need to look at the server logs - but I can't.

    If you're not a sys admin either, then sorry - hence my request for help from a SysAdmin person.
    Sorry, I'm not an Administrator. If you want to contact one of the Admins then your best bet would to be use the Send Feedback option at the bottom of the page. That will send a message directly to them.

    Or you could even post the code you're using here (or a link to the code) and maybe someone will be able to find out what's going wrong.