Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. 26 Jun '05 18:18
    Russ,

I've got a couple of requests for data to be exposed through the /xml/simple/gameswaitingcount_xml.php web page.

1. The number of messages waiting for a player
    2. Current RHP Date and Time (For comparison purposes)
    3. The game data for games waiting. This would include:
    a). Game ID
    b). Opponent
    c). My Colour
    d). Move number
    e). Last Move Time

These data points would allow me to address a lot of the feature requests I've had for RHPTray.

-j
  2. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    26 Jun '05 19:42 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by johnbart
    Russ,

I've got a couple of requests for data to be exposed through the /xml/simple/gameswaitingcount_xml.php web page.

3. The ga ...[text shortened]... address a lot of the feature requests I've had for RHPTray.

-j
    No problem there.
    Server is always GMT, so I can provide a player's GMT offset settings. Or am I misunderstanding?
    a). Game ID
    b). Opponent
    c). My Colour
    d). Move number
    e). Last Move Time
    All of the above are fine, but not to be called on a timer. I would have no problem providing these if a user requested them at the click of a button.

Something you may want at a later date is a list of key URLs in the XML - a one off power up request which brings back a site map. That way, any future site updates will not break your app. I had this in an early c# sys trap app I wrote. (but I never really promoted it)

These data points would allow me to address a lot of the feature requests I've had for RHPTray.
  3. 26 Jun '05 23:46
    Originally posted by Russ
    [b]No problem there.

Server is always GMT, so I can provide a player's GMT offset settings. Or am I misunderstanding?
    a). Game ID
    b). Opponent
    c). My Colour
    d). Move nu ...[text shortened]... These data points would allow me to address a lot of the feature requests I've had for RHPTray.[/b]
    1. Cool.
    2. GMT Offset is fine
    3. This information is to be used for a pop up similar to MSN Messenger that informs someone when a new move is available from a particular game. This list of individual game info would be fine on an alternate request page. That way I can just poll the number of games waiting on the current page and only poll the more detailed information when that number changes.

Good idea on the URL request. Anything to keep server changes from breaking me works.

-j
  4. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    01 Jul '05 07:54
    Originally posted by johnbart
    Russ,

I think I missed here something. Where can I find more info on this xml stuff (are there other pages, where? anything with all FENs of a game?)? thanks for help,
    th

(I am on vacation)
  5. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    16 Jul '05 23:11 / 1 edit
    Russ, can you provide the gamehistory as xml (all positions (FENs) of a game)?
    Thanks for an answer,
    User 30890
  6. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    01 Aug '05 11:15
    Game fens :

http://www.chessatwork.com/xml/simple/gamefens_xml.php?gameid=382050

-Russ

7. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    02 Aug '05 18:37
    Now update with player details.