Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    03 Sep '03 11:12 / 1 edit
    why does it say (during maintainance):
    USING YOUR BROWSER'S REFRESH BUTTON WON'T WORK!!!

and why doesent every page start with something like
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN>
    (see also http://validator.w3.org/check/referer)
    th
    [edit]: should be htmL in the title...
  2. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    27 Feb '04 15:13
    I saw that the admins worked on the html titles and things like taht, but why don't you add the doctype?
    th
  3. 29 Feb '04 19:06
    Originally posted by thire
    why does it say (during maintainance):
    USING YOUR BROWSER'S REFRESH BUTTON WON'T WORK!!!
    Notice the URL that appears in your browser when you see the maintenance message. It is not the RHP home page URL, so if you simply refresh your browser, it will continue to download the maintenance message since that is where it is pointing. The maintenance page contains a link to the RHP home page, which is why it asks you to click there.

I suspect that when maintenance is required, the RHP admins simply redirect to the maintenance page.

-Ray.
  4. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    01 Mar '04 07:56
    Originally posted by rgoudie
    Notice the URL that appears in your browser when you see the maintenance message. It is [b]not the RHP home page URL, so if you simply refresh your browser, it will continue to download the maintenance message since that is where it is pointing. The maintenance page contains a link to the RHP home page, which is why it asks you to click there.

I sus ...[text shortened]... when maintenance is required, the RHP admins simply redirect to the maintenance page.

-Ray.
    [/b]
    yes, a very good explenation! thank you!
    th