Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. 28 Sep '05 04:05
    any way to export notes?
  2. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    28 Sep '05 18:34
    In your Handy Dandy.... notebook check sidetable drawer for your book
  3. Standard member gotti2000
    The winemaker
    29 Sep '05 05:40
    Originally posted by Coconut
    any way to export notes?
    I think the history of you notes is not stored at all. It's just the current notes.

gg
  4. 29 Sep '05 18:30
    Originally posted by gotti2000
    I think the history of you notes is not stored at all. It's just the current notes.

gg
    I figured that.
  5. 30 Sep '05 13:19
    They're stored in the SQL database entry for the game you are playing (one for white, one for black). They're not physically stored as files if that's what you mean. This also explains their maximum length
  6. Standard member gotti2000
    The winemaker
    09 Oct '05 07:14
    I figured that.
    So do you want to export current notes or the complete history of notes in your game?
    If it is true that only your current notes are stored in the database there is no easy way to get a history of your notes. You would have to extract note every time they change. Even extracting after every move won't help because you can change them when waiting for your next move. Well the solutions sounds pretty much like web services or similar technology to me in order to get out the data using the current environment.

gg
  7. 11 Oct '05 22:48
    You are all teh stupidorz! go and build a website, and you will find that redundant information is teh badestest thing evar, and that it only stuff which is useful is kept. Useful in a way that old notes arn't.
  8. 16 Oct '05 18:39
    Originally posted by gotti2000
    So do you want to export current notes or the complete history of notes in your game?
    If it is true that only your current notes are stored in the database there is no easy way to get a history of your notes. You would have to extract note every time they change. Even extracting after every move won't help because you can change them when waiting for you ...[text shortened]... es or similar technology to me in order to get out the data using the current environment.

gg
    I guess everyone thinks I want a notes history. I just wanted to know if it's possible to export my current notes. Like would it be possible to set up a site or URL where I type in the game ID, and the notes I have for that game come up.
  9. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    01 Nov '05 21:13
    I guess everyone thinks I want a notes history. I just wanted to know if it's possible to export my current notes. Like would it be possible to set up a site or URL where I type in the game ID, and the notes I have for that game come up.
    What relevance would they have if you weren't looking at the game in question anyway.

If you need them outside of the side for some reason, then keep your notes in some other text editor and save them with your game idea.

I haven't a clue why anybody would need this, but anyway.

D