Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    16 Feb '05 15:07
    I read in one of the threads that someone was working on a code that would grab the information for the clan challenges, and games, etc so that the clan home pages could display this..
    Did someone create this yet that would be sharing with others? I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how.. I remember reading that Russ had a way he wanted it too though, so that it didn't keep hammering the site for the information.
    Just looking for some neat stuff to update my website.. and hope others want to share.. I'd share my knowledge... but.. alas.. I don't have any...
    MIODude
  2. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    15 Mar '05 15:53
    Please do not 'screen scrape' RHP HTML. Just let me know what you need, and I will provide XML.

-Russ
  3. Standard member Hegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    17 Mar '05 19:36
    Miodude

I have already developed a quick php parser routine that can be used with one or two of the XML scripts Russ has given me..

Happy to share.

I too am not a programmer but have spent some time learning the real basics of php and xml
  4. 20 Mar '05 01:51
    Originally posted by Russ
    Please do not 'screen scrape' RHP HTML. Just let me know what you need, and I will provide XML.

-Russ
    Ok:

I'd like to get access to a XML service for:
    1. Pass a RHP Username and get list of all completed games.

2. Pass a RHP Game ID and get back move FENS, PGN, Results (all together or as seperate service calls)

I can finish up my tool and not have to do any screen scraping with those two calls.

Your hardwork is appreciated,

--tmetzler

5. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    21 Mar '05 20:34 / 1 edit
    Thanks Hegemon.. I sent you a PM..
  6. Standard member Hegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    23 Mar '05 09:10
    Originally posted by tmetzler

I'd like to get access to a XML service for:
    1. Pass a RHP Username and get list of all completed games.
    2. Pass a RHP Game ID and get back move FENS, PGN, Results (all together or as seperate service calls)
    tmetzler,

I have requested all of this from Russ. In fact, I sent him a detailed list of all the XML's that I would like with descriptions of exactly what should be included. Hopefully he still has this because it was quite comprehensive. Indeed I think I included your two as well.

I think this is not his highest priority but certainly something he is going to produce for us but probably after project burn is complete, because - and this is where I am guessing - the structure required for mobile is similar to that which would faciliate XML.

I have already got two XML's from Russ that he must have developed ad hoc a while ago, but neither of these suit your purposes.
  7. 23 Mar '05 15:45
    Thanks for the info Hegemon.

I've got my a nice little application all built, but it does screen scraping. I told russ about it awhile ago via PM and he asked me to hold off on distributing it until he got the XML going, so I can "retool" my application to use that instead.

Which xml services/functions did he give you access to? Perhaps I can incorporate those as well.

--tmetzler