Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

  1. 05 Jan '07 10:32
    Hi all. I was wondering if there is any way I could enter moves sometimes using my pocket pc. I travel a fair bit and don't always have access to a connected pc, but my ipaq (running Windows CE 2003 version 4.2) & mobile phone are always to hand so I can get online via gprs. I can get the rhp site on my pocket browser ok, including the "my games" page, but the board doesn't show. Even just being able to enter my moves in algebraic form would be fine.

    Any advice or ideas welcome.

    Talisker
  2. Standard member Merk
    Steamin transies
    07 Jan '07 05:45
    Originally posted by talisker
    Hi all. I was wondering if there is any way I could enter moves sometimes using my pocket pc. I travel a fair bit and don't always have access to a connected pc, but my ipaq (running Windows CE 2003 version 4.2) & mobile phone are always to hand so I can get online via gprs. I can get the rhp site on my pocket browser ok, including the "my games" page, but ...[text shortened]... enter my moves in algebraic form would be fine.

    Any advice or ideas welcome.

    Talisker
    I have the exact same problem with my blackberry.
  3. 08 Jan '07 18:09
    Originally posted by Merk
    I have the exact same problem with my blackberry.
    Try out http://mobile.redhotpawn.com/

    If it works, you might consider subscribing to keep it working.

    Gezza
    ps. Works for me on a Palm LifeDrive.
  4. 25 Apr '07 07:37 / 3 edits
    Hmm i'm trying to put a link up put it doesn't seem to work
  5. Standard member Jamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    27 Apr '07 01:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by gezza
    Try out http://mobile.redhotpawn.com/

    If it works, you might consider subscribing to keep it working.

    Gezza
    ps. Works for me on a Palm LifeDrive.
    Get outta here...

    Just tell me how and I'll do it. Which devices does this support?
    Any web-enabled smart phone or do I need something extra special?

    Palms aren't my thing... looking at blackberry or nokia.
  6. Standard member Whiteknuckle
    High Priest–Low Cult
    14 Jun '07 21:56 / 1 edit
    Howdy–Thanks for the clue...I connected my Treo 770p with ease. Good screen, all there, all fast, no worries. Odd that I did not see the mobile connection while surfing the RedHotPawn Home.
    Blue skies, whtknukle
  7. Standard member hAnimate
    mean & green
    20 Jul '07 14:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by gezza
    Try out http://mobile.redhotpawn.com/

    If it works, you might consider subscribing to keep it working.

    Gezza
    ps. Works for me on a Palm LifeDrive.




    I can connect to the site but can't enter my email address or password to log in :'(

    phone is a Sony Ericsson Z550i
  8. 18 Aug '07 03:56
    did you have to do anything else to be able to move? I have a palm treo aand can log onto the site get the board but just canlt move
  9. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    19 Aug '07 20:45
    The mobile site works in exactly the same way as the normal site; you should be able to just click on the pieces as per normal. If you cant, either the browser or your phone/PDA/handheld device is rubbish.
  10. 28 Aug '07 07:57
    Has anyone got this working on a Blackberry Pearl? Everything works except the board, which is wrapping around the last square on each line, putting a square's distance between the rest of the line and the next line.
  11. 08 Nov '07 17:10
    Originally posted by gezza
    Try out http://mobile.redhotpawn.com/

    If it works, you might consider subscribing to keep it working.

    Gezza
    ps. Works for me on a Palm LifeDrive.
    I have a BlackBerry 7100 v4.0.0.198.
    I downloaded Opera Mini, which works perfectly with normal sites.
    I connected to http://mobile.redhotpawn.com.
    I have set the reduced board with mobile browser feature.
    Still, there is no way to get it to work. I cannot perfom moves.
    I can see the boards when connected to the normal
    www.redhotpawn.com site, but no way to click them.
    When connected to the mobile version of the site, I cannot even
    see the boards.
    Does anyone have a clue on how to solve this problem?
  12. 16 Nov '07 07:46
    Can anyone confirm if any further development is happening on the mobile side, I have had the problem with 2 different phones that I can get to the mobile site see everything even post on Forums etc but I cannot move on the board.

    If any one has any advise that would be great.

    Thanks
  13. Standard member mochiron
    The Don
    22 Nov '07 05:47
    Originally posted by dillydog
    Can anyone confirm if any further development is happening on the mobile side, I have had the problem with 2 different phones that I can get to the mobile site see everything even post on Forums etc but I cannot move on the board.

    If any one has any advise that would be great.

    Thanks
    Hey.

    Looks like I am not the only one with this problem. I have an Acer n311. I can get to the site and see the forums and the boards. Unfortunately, I can not move my piece on the board as well. It will not click.
  14. 22 Nov '07 06:21
    Yep thats it I have tried from an Imate KJAM and from an HTC TyTn
    Still doesn't work.

    If you could get this working would be fantastic
  15. 23 Nov '07 08:04
    Opera mini 4 should work just downloaded it for my phone and made a move

    http://www.operamini.com/