Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. 26 Oct '06 02:29
    Being new here i have a few questions that may have been answered elsewhere, so please go easy

Is there somewhere that covers what level of screen scraping is permitted on RHP?
    If i wanted to capture all of my finished games into a database, is this acceptable? What about all the games of a particular Clan or all the games using a particular opening?
    If i limited my crawl to say, 12Kb/s and 4 threads would this be reasonable?

Any chance of getting the forums converted to vBulletin?

Is there a "sticky thread" feature in the current forums?

Is there a developer FAQ?

Sorry for so many questions, any assistance would be appreciated.
  2. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    27 Oct '06 01:05
    Originally posted by idioms
    Being new here i have a few questions that may have been answered elsewhere, so please go easy

Is there somewhere that covers what level of screen scraping is permitted on RHP?
    If i wanted to capture all of my finished games into a database, is this acceptable? What about all the games of a particular Clan or all the games using a particular opening?
    I ...[text shortened]... Is there a developer FAQ?

Sorry for so many questions, any assistance would be appreciated.
    Don't screenscrape is the answer.

You can get all your completed games through the Email Games link (http://www.timeforchess.com/mygames/emailgames.php).
    As for all the games in a certain opening there is currently in beta a opening resource using games played on this site. Using that you can look at what has been played previously on the site.

VBulletin is a load of crap.

Russ has made a sticky thread in the Help forum (via a date forward) so it can be done.

No there isn't a developer FAQ. Look through the last few pages of this forum and you'll find most of the answers that would be in such an FAQ.