Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. 01 Mar '07 10:27 / 1 edit
    Wondered if some kind of time-per-move indicator could be implemented?

I know there is an icon which indicates how often someone moves e.g 'Once a day', 'All day' etc but it often isn't a real representation of how long someone takes to make a move. I've regularly played people who have a move icon which states 'All day' yet they maybe play 1 or 2 moves a day.

With a time-per-move indication I could select my players based on those that have an average time-per-move of, for example, 2hrs.
  2. Standard member c99ux
    'Sir' to you
    01 Mar '07 14:18
    Originally posted by Daza
    Wondered if some kind of time-per-move indicator could be implemented?

I know there is an icon which indicates how often someone moves e.g 'Once a day', 'All day' etc but it often isn't a real representation of how long someone takes to make a move. I've regularly played people who have a move icon which states 'All day' yet they maybe play 1 or 2 moves a d ...[text shortened]... lect my players based on those that have an average time-per-move of, for example, 2hrs.
    I'm not sure an average would give a true indication, even if it were possible.

For example, I have about 20 games in progress for my clan, and I move maybe once a week in them. I also have quite a few 21-day games, and I move every couple of weeks in those games. I've also got at least dozen or so games on 3-day TO, and yet other ones in which I move a couple of times a day.

When I actually get round to looking at any particular game, I usually move within a minute.
  3. 02 Mar '07 12:13
    Yes I take your point. Just wish those who say that they play 'All day' actually did so. If I knew that they didn't (and some clearly don't) then I would not play them in the first place.
  4. 07 Mar '07 21:12
    Originally posted by Daza
    Yes I take your point. Just wish those who say that they play 'All day' actually did so. If I knew that they didn't (and some clearly don't) then I would not play them in the first place.
    I play most of the day (at work +- two hours). All other times are for sleeping or my family, but thats a 12 hour window in which I move right away when I have a waiting games (with a few exceptions for games I really want to win).