Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Developers Forum

Developers Forum

1. Standard member agryson
    AGW Hitman
    01 Jul '07 11:18
    I've been on a few other forums that offer a 'track this thread' option, allowing you to see in your home page when someone has posted a response. Is there a reason that's not used here at RHP?
  2. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    02 Jul '07 10:08
    Originally posted by agryson
    I've been on a few other forums that offer a 'track this thread' option, allowing you to see in your home page when someone has posted a response. Is there a reason that's not used here at RHP?
    Click on the link in my location on the left, and you will be able to install a thread tracker if you use Firefox and Greasemonkey.

D
  3. Standard member agryson
    AGW Hitman
    02 Jul '07 18:07
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Click on the link in my location on the left, and you will be able to install a thread tracker if you use Firefox and Greasemonkey.

D
    Cool, thanks, I can see that it should do what it's meant to, but am having trouble getting it too. Once I've got the user script, how do I get it to track a thread? insert it into the url list?
  4. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    02 Jul '07 22:01
    you need firefox and the greasemonkey extension for starters.
  5. Standard member agryson
    AGW Hitman
    03 Jul '07 11:02
    Originally posted by rhb
    you need firefox and the greasemonkey extension for starters.
    Oh, don't worry, long-time firefox kinda guy, and downloaded the grease-monkey extension. I'm just wondering if all I do is stick the url for the thread in the box. Also, why when I enable the RHP script, and check back in a few minutes, greasemonkey says it has no active scripts running?
  6. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    03 Jul '07 14:12
    Oh, don't worry, long-time firefox kinda guy, and downloaded the grease-monkey extension. I'm just wondering if all I do is stick the url for the thread in the box. Also, why when I enable the RHP script, and check back in a few minutes, greasemonkey says it has no active scripts running?
    There should be a "bookmark" link added to the bottom of each post. There should also be a "My Bookmarks" link in the top menu bar that lists all of the threads that you bookmarked. As well, any post that you make will be auto-bookmarked. This only starts happening after you've installed the script so you will have to bookmark all of your old posts.
  7. Standard member agryson
    AGW Hitman
    04 Jul '07 21:27
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    There should be a "bookmark" link added to the bottom of each post. There should also be a "My Bookmarks" link in the top menu bar that lists all of the threads that you bookmarked. As well, any post that you make will be auto-bookmarked. This only starts happening after you've installed the script so you will have to bookmark all of your old posts.
    I have the script installed and it is enabled, but I can't see a bookmark link anywhere on the page or in the greasemonkey menu, I'm probably pulling an "is it plugged in?" retard moment, hmm, thanks for the help everyone.
  8. Subscriber ouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    04 Jul '07 23:08
    I have the script installed and it is enabled, but I can't see a bookmark link anywhere on the page or in the greasemonkey menu, I'm probably pulling an "is it plugged in?" retard moment, hmm, thanks for the help everyone.
    Did you install this script?

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/forum.user.js
  9. 06 Jul '07 06:06
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Did you install this script?

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/forum.user.js
    And restart Firefox?
  10. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    07 Jul '07 15:46
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    And restart Firefox?
    You don't need to restart firefox after installing a GM script. Just refresh the page.

D