1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 07:572 edits
    Some players have this in there profile alongside a group of icons. Does anyone know what this refers to please?

@handyandy for example.

Edit: for those players with it, it seems to replace the “playing for X consecutive years” badge.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 08:202 edits
    @divegeester said
    Some players have this in there profile alongside a group of icons. Does anyone know what this refers to please?

@handyandy for example.

Edit: for those players with it, it seems to replace the “playing for X consecutive years” badge.
    Just hover over the icons you will see what they are. Mine has a different set, little badges saying how long we played here. In my case, 13 years. And in HA's case it also says he hasn't moved in two years.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 08:31
    @sonhouse said
    Just hover over the icons you will see what they are. Mine has a different set, little badges saying how long we played here. In my case, 13 years. And in HA's case it also says he hasn't moved in two years.
    They don’t show on your profile nor on many other players, only on some.

I can’t “hover” (with a mouse) as I’m using an iPad now as I do most of the time.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 09:07
    A rated player is presumably one who has a rating outside of RHP.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 09:16
    @moonbus said
    Have a look at my OP.

Either some players have a “rated player” badge with some icons, or IOS isn’t displaying the badge on all profiles for some reason.
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 10:45
    The icons appear to be simple "milestones".
    They're probably more relevant to RHP's newer members.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 14:07
    @divegeester said
    Have a look at my OP.

Either some players have a “rated player” badge with some icons, or IOS isn’t displaying the badge on all profiles for some reason.
    Oh yes, I see what you mean now. I don’t know what the icons mean.

PS I like like your current avatar.
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 14:111 edit
    @divegeester said

@handyandy for example.

perhaps those who are rated players,
    but have stopped moving in games,
    get neato lil 'revealing information' icons...

@russ???
    plz explain...

edit, this is the portal to the overboss...
    Blog Post 398
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 14:14
    @moonbus said
    Oh yes, I see what you mean now. I don’t know what the icons mean.

PS I like like your current avatar.
    Just hover your curser over the icons.

-VR
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 14:48
    @moonbus said
    I think it all refers to the number of games you have played on this site.

Until you complete 20 rated games here, you have only a provisional rating, which is calculated differently than for an established player.

Once you have completed 20 rated games you will no longer be considered provisional. At that time you are 'rated' and your rating changes are calculated with a different formula.

I think this information is correct, but I could be wrong. The FAQ explains the formulas used, but I think all of the icons being discussed are new and I don't think any of it is covered in the FAQ section.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 15:06
    Thanks! Second postive comment on it. As I said to the other poster, I loved the series even though it failed to satisfy, and also the idea is a methaphor for my own life at times.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 17:23
    @divegeester said
    Thanks! Second postive comment on it. As I said to the other poster, I loved the series even though it failed to satisfy, and also the idea is a methaphor for my own life at times.
    You are lucky some don't manage to get that much. 😉

-VR
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 05:141 edit
    @moonbus said
    Except that RHP's definition of "rated player" is one who has completed 20 games and can now have their games rated, i.e. they are no longer 'provisional', they are now 'rated'.

On HandyAndy's page, he has 6 icons. They are, from left to right: "First move", "Won a game", "1 rated game complete", "3 rated games complete", "Halfway - 10 rated games complete", and finally, "Rated Player", meaning he is no longer Provisional. I imagine these are the most any non-sub can get. Once a player subs, then his consecutive years playing is noted by the ribbon icons, instead.
  14. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 12:35
    From looking at a number of different people on the 'players' list and the 'most active player' list, the icons appear to be effected by the number of rated games played and how long they have been actively playing here at RHP.

I do not think a persons "sub" or "non-sub" status has anything to do with these new icons.

If you look at a variety of players you will see that many non-subs with over 20 rated games will indicate their consecutive years of playing, and subscribers who have not been here for a year will just show the new recently added 'progressive' icons.

At the end of the day, we are just guessing though. Only Russ knows for sure........
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 13:25
    @very-rusty said
    Just hover your curser over the icons.

-VR
    I did that; still don't know what "rated player" means. The pop-up just says "rated player." Whatever that is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree