1. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 13:39
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Congratulations and a big Thank You Silverstriker.

As opposed to my prediction my story didn't finish last but 7th.
    My stories came last AND second to last!

The Blue Whale was influenced by Kafka's The Castle. The Blue Whale represents heaven and man's journey attempting to locate its position.
  2. Joined
    15 Apr '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 14:26
    Submit next year it's fun to do and you can hone your writing skills. Getting a story into 750 words is a big challenge! I liked your stories though! Keep writing!
  3. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 14:42
    I forget to congratulate Silverstriker. Congratulations!
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 14:561 edit
    It was like labor for me to push out just one story. The editing was a little rough, but just like I predicted, I was up against the deadline.

I did The Invasion, my first try at my favorite genre, sci-fi.

I'll also credit sonhouse with giving me the idea for it, unbeknownst to him.

And Ponderable, we actually tied for 7th, but I'm not gonna bust Silverstriker's chops over it. 🙂
  5. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 15:13
    You were all so very good! 🙂
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 18:02
    Originally posted by neilarini

The Blue Whale was influenced by Kafka's The Castle. The Blue Whale represents heaven and man's journey attempting to locate its position.
    This is my sixth attempt at this competition. The first time I came last with no points and a couple of criticisms. I hadn't ever troubled the top 5 before. Motto is keep going 🙂 I really enjoyed the blue whale 🙂
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 18:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It was like labor for me to push out just one story. The editing was a little rough, but just like I predicted, I was up against the deadline.

And Ponderable, we actually tied for 7th, but I'm not gonna bust Silverstriker's chops over it. 🙂
    In fact 7-9 is a sharted 7th.

And I did vote for your piece which I found enjoyable indeed.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 19:14

Hang on just a minute there "missy" I too had 7 points but the way we got those points determined where we placed. 🙂 But wasn't it fun.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 19:14
    Originally posted by neilarini

You did better than I did, you completed it and participated. Go Broncos!! 🙂
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 22:281 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Hang on just a minute there "missy" I too had 7 points but the way we got those points determined where we placed. 🙂 But wasn't it fun.
    Yeah, and the "way" I got my points was identical to Ponderable's.

1 1st place vote and 2 3rd place votes. 5 + 1 + 1 = 7

Look, I said I wasn't gonna make a big deal about it. So let it go.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 22:46
    Yeah, and the "way" I got my points was identical to Ponderable's.

1 1st place vote and 2 3rd place votes. 5 + 1 + 1 = 7

Look, I said I wasn't gonna make a big deal about it. So let it go.
    catch and release...catch and release.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 23:06
    Sorry I mucked that one up my inputting into excel failed on that one 🙁 I should hire a secretary next time to ensure no mistakes
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 05:031 edit
    I wrote "Bigamist" but it turned out more like a pile of dreck than what I had hoped for when I started. I considered pulling it the very next day (I didn't even want to go back and read it again, let alone polish it), but I left it in for giggles to see if it would actually get any votes.

Also, the piece was robbed of some impact when a much-needed swear word was changed to 'with'. 😛
  14. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 06:55
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I wrote "Bigamist" but it turned out more like a pile of dreck than what I had hoped for when I started. I considered pulling it the very next day (I didn't even want to go back and read it again, let alone polish it), but I left it in for giggles to see if it would actually get any votes.

Also, the piece was robbed of some impact when a much-needed swear word was changed to 'with'. 😛
    I thought when reading it: Here is a man who makes things easy for himself - wife tolerant and away and mistress next door.
    If I got it right, that is.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 14:49
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

I have a question about this entry.

Was it intentionally written with the paragraphs in reverse order?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree