1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Nov '13 21:59
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Can't resist the urge to take over, can you Bobby? Let the man run the contest his own way.
    Appreciate your interest, Andy; and would assure you that Silverstriker recognizes site prose competitions have always been a team effort. His thread has obviously succeeded in engaging interest, despite the many inevitable off topic posts. -Bob
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    18 Nov '13 22:14
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Appreciate your interest, Andy; and would assure you that Silverstriker recognizes site prose competitions have always been a team effort. His thread has obviously succeeded in engaging interest, despite the many inevitable off topic posts. -Bob
    Did he ask for your help?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Nov '13 22:39
    Did he ask for your help?
    Of course not; neither your help nor mine was requested. As a courtesy to him and in response to his comments, I took a timely initiative to bring the original post into plain view. Why stand on ceremony when there's an opportunity to assist.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 00:44
    Of course not; neither your help nor mine was requested. As a courtesy to him and in response to his comments, I took a timely initiative to bring the original post into plain view. Why stand on ceremony when there's an opportunity to assist.
    Silverstriker is perfectly capable of running the prose competition without your interference.

You have a pathetic track record when it comes to forum contests, or have you forgotten?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 01:11
    Silverstriker is perfectly capable of running the prose competition without your interference.

You have a pathetic track record when it comes to forum contests, or have you forgotten?
    As you've noticed, RHP General Forum Contests stimulate considerable interest: hundreds of posts were registered in the 2012 Christmas Contest with Monty Moose and myself. Last month "Welcome to 'Sleuthing 2013'" generated 254 lively posts, a number of which you contributed. The 2012 RHP Prose Contest revealed significant literary talent. I enjoyed submitting "Cellfonmania" and am considering entering Silverstriker's 2014 RHP Prose Competition. All of these contests benefit this struggling forum. We owe a debt of gratitude to Ponderable for his diligence in identifying prematurely neglected threads with promise and selectively returning them to page one. Have you considered submitting a 2014 RHP Prose entry?
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 02:03
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    Hello everyone here is a heads up about the next prose competition i have had the pleasure of organising since 2012. The last two years we have had some brilliant entries. Can anyone prevent a potential hat trick from mike169?

Here are the rules

Maximum word length is 750 words

You can submit up to two entries

The 2014 topic will be a c ...[text shortened]... entry's title so i know who has written what)

Deadline is January 12th 2014

Good luck all
    Is it permissible to PM the entry? I don't use email except to register at sites and that sort of thing.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 02:40
    As you've noticed, RHP General Forum Contests stimulate considerable interest: hundreds of posts were registered in the 2012 Christmas Contest with Monty Moose and myself. Last month "Welcome to 'Sleuthing 2013'" generated 254 lively posts, a number of which you contributed. The 2012 RHP Prose Contest revealed significant literary talent. I enjoyed subm ...[text shortened]... d selectively returning them to page one. Have you considered submitting a 2014 RHP Prose entry?
    I see nothing in this verbal tsunami that gives you license to commandeer the prose contest
    or to rescue this "struggling forum." Silverstriker doesn't need you to hold his hand. Just write
    your story and stop making an ass of yourself.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 02:56
    "Welcome to 'Sleuthing 2013'" generated 254 lively posts, a number of which you contributed.
    How many of those 254 posts were from you and/or lemonboy?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 02:59
    How many of those 254 posts were from you and/or lemonboy?
    Only the venomous ones containing high grade strychnine.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 03:01
    I see nothing in this verbal tsunami that gives you license to commandeer the prose contest
    or to rescue this "struggling forum." Silverstriker doesn't need you to hold his hand. Just write
    your story and stop making an ass of yourself.
    Andy, if you want to keep your point of view... you can keep it. If you want to keep your attitude, you can keep it. Period. lol
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 03:27
    I'll guarantee that even the lowest-ranked competition entry will be more interesting reading than this tedious argumentative thread.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 03:35
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'll guarantee that even the lowest-ranked competition entry will be more interesting reading than this tedious argumentative thread.
    Agree. Will you be submitting an entry?
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 03:561 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Sorry to bore you. Would you rather have Bobby take over?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 04:14
    Thanks for the enjoyable banter, Andy. Patriots lead by 3 in a struggle with Cam Newton. Time for bed....
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 06:03
    Of course not. I wish he'd stay out of other people's business.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree