1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 16:43
    Am I the only one who thought he was an oily, hormonal little weasel who happened to have talent for making mostly melodically mediocre but technically competent music?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 17:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Am I the only one who thought he was an oily, hormonal little weasel who happened to have talent for making mostly melodically mediocre but technically competent music?
    "This is what it sounds like.....when Dive's cry"
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 17:19
    Yes.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 17:29
    Originally posted by chaney3
    "This is what it sounds like.....when Dive's cry"
    Lol. Nice one.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 17:34
    Lol. Nice one.
    Thanks.....catchy tune. I can't stop singing it now.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 17:50
    I agree. I've tried to listen to the music made during Prince's heyday in the 80's, but it just bores me. He does have some nice tracks that he made in the 90's (like one he made with a video featuring Dominique Dawes, and Olympic gymnast; the song and video were quite nice), and his most recent single,"1000s" a song currently receiving airplay, is pretty good.

I think Prince's appeal was mostly in his attitude and presentation, in addition to the fact that he has albums made in the 90's (after his heyday) that are generally considered by music critics to be classics.
  7. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 18:15
    No
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 18:39
    I found a lot of his music to be clangy
    not a fan
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    23 Apr '16 13:091 edit
    Just like Sinatra, et.al. Prince's talent was in the show and, of course,
    their cultural significance among society's least refined.
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    23 Apr '16 20:59
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    No
    Seconded.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 02:01
    My local radio station has been playing Prince songs nonstop, and I must say, I should retract my earlier statement. Prince's music is better than I thought it was. He's much more creative than most artists from the 80's.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 02:36
    And sad he didn't know the real Jesus instead of the one invented by the JW's.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 08:31
    Originally posted by vivify
    My local radio station has been playing Prince songs nonstop, and I must say, I should retract my earlier statement. Prince's music is better than I thought it was. He's much more creative than most artists from the 80's.
    I'm sure you are correct; I got put off of his music by him personally.
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 10:581 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    And sad he didn't know the real Jesus instead of the one invented by the JW's.
    There are only 143,999 spots left now.

Or... er... am I confusing his cult with another cult? Confused.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 11:18
    Originally posted by Seitse
    There are only 143,999 spots left now.

Or... er... am I confusing his cult with another cult? Confused.
    Too bad prince wasn't a Jew and a virgin. The JW's could have assembled outside the venues where prince performed his orgiastic displays and handed out their paraphernalia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree