1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '21 02:26
    A new series of Bill's Big Bag of Onions has begun: episode one of series 5 was aired in the UK last night.

This series features a serialized, almost-entirely-true story about a British couple upping sticks in middle England, in mid-life, and settling in a remote part of Indonesia where they start a business.

A finely crafted piece of episodic writing by none other than Indonesia Phil and his better half.

https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e01-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-1/
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 02:14
    Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E02 was broadcast in the UK last night.

https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e02-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-2/

It features "From Colchester to Sulawesi Episode 2" written by Indonesia Phil [and... er... Indonesia Paula] whose excellent work, apparently, according to some, I am "trashing"! Ha ha.

Have a listen.

If you dislike Indonesia Phil and Hakima and divegeester and me, feel free to give it a miss.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 03:38
    @fmf said
    Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E02 was broadcast in the UK last night.

https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e02-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-2/

It features "From Colchester to Sulawesi Episode 2" written by Indonesia Phil [and... er... Indonesia Paula] whose excellent work, apparently, according to some, I am "trashing"! Ha ...[text shortened]... n.

If you dislike Indonesia Phil and Hakima and divegeester and me, feel free to give it a miss.
    Yeah, go on, give it a listen....It was a gas to write, and certain of you who apparently now dislike me so much might look upon me and my fellow writers/broadcasters in a more sympathetic light. For those of you who have no opinion one way or the other, what's to lose? Apart from an hour of life, (or twenty six hours of life if you do the whole series) , which in any case you might find entertaining, and anyway it's radio, you know, so you can wash the cat or whatever at the same time.

Greetings anyway, from the seriously un - trashed, and if you see me as 'the enemy', bear in mind that I don't see you in the same light, and it takes two to tango...
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 03:561 edit
    @fmf said
    https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e01-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-1/
    If you haven't listened to Episode 1, go the link in the OP and listen to that before listening to this week's episode.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 04:03
    Just started listening to it.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 05:03
    Was pretty good but I don't want to smell your onions though 😛 Poor fish, hook line... batter.
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 05:17
    @trev33 said
    Me too 🙂
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 05:22
    @drewnogal said
    Me too 🙂
    I think you'll like it, the music is good and the stories are interesting, nicely made. The first song cut off before it ended though which was annoying.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 06:41
    @trev33 said
    Nice one, Trev.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 06:41
    @drewnogal said
    Me too 🙂
    Excellent.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 06:45

Removed by poster

12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 23:40
    @trev33 said
    The first song cut off before it ended though which was annoying.
    Which song was that? It might have been a Mixcloud streaming glitch. In the main body of the programme - where all the Onions are [the microfictions] - the songs are mostly truncated and faded out so that you get about 150 seconds of music followed by 75 seconds of storytelling, and so on.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 23:43
    @trev33 said
    I think you'll like it, the music is good and the stories are interesting, nicely made.
    If you're talking about "the stories", you are probably referring to the first 45 minutes of shows 501 and 502. As for Phil and Paula's "From Colchester to Sulawesi" soapy saga, well that takes up the last 15 minutes of the hour [in each show] and that is NOT an Onion [which is defined as a story that is exactly 100 words long - not including it title].
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '21 05:32
    Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E03 ~ featuring From Colchester to Sulawesi Episode 3

https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e03-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-3/

The saga continues.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '21 09:24
    Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E04 ~ featuring From Colchester to Sulawesi Episode 4

More from the happy crew at Colne Radio including the latest instalment of Indonesia Phil's adventures in the wilds of northeast Sulawesi.

There are also ten Onions...

Fallen by Angela Cairns
    Forgive and Forget by Bill Lawrance
    Preventative Medicine by Simone Anon
    At The Dentist by Sally Wazey
    Eggy Revenge by Rob Lewis
    Something by Toni Peers
    Cross-cultural Undertakings by Paul Hooper
    Distant Relatives by Minnie Ardo
    Surprising Sculptures by Daryl Lotterby
    The Meaning of Dishes by Phil Boast

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree