1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 19:131 edit
    This story is from 2009. But still...

YouTube

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/12/16/japan.virtual.wedding/index.html

Japan's Internet community has witnessed relationships and marriages to avatars, though it's typically been within the confines of the virtual world. Last month, Sal decided to be the first human-to-avatar union. Clad in a white tux, Sal married Nene in front of some friends and Web users watching the ceremony live online.
    Video: Man 'marries' video game
    The wedding, while not legally binding, was Sal's way of expressing his devotion to his avatar girlfriend.
    "I love this character, not a machine," said Sal, when asked about whether he can love an electronic device.

The courtship began in September when he started playing the game, in which players nurture a deeper relationship through game play. Sal started carrying Nene around the streets of Tokyo and taking her to Disneyland and to a beach resort in Guam.
    Sal says Nene is better than a human girlfriend. "She doesn't get angry if I'm late in replying to her. Well, she gets angry, but she forgives me quickly."
    Asked if he's courtesy addicted to the game, he says, "If addiction is playing this every single day, then you might call me addicted." With Nene, Sal doesn't feel the need to find a human girlfriend, he added.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 19:21
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/sal9000-nene-anegasaki

He has also vowed to have and to hold, for better and for worse, even if another, updated version of the game is released.
    “I think I’ll probably continue playing Love Plus. I won’t cheat,” SAL9000 said.

That's kinda sweet. I guess.
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 10:33
    Originally posted by @vivify
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/sal9000-nene-anegasaki

He has also vowed to have and to hold, for better and for worse, even if another, updated version of the game is released.
    “I think I’ll probably continue playing Love Plus. I won’t cheat,” SAL9000 said.

That's kinda sweet. I guess.
    There's nothing sweet about this game. These female characters wear long socks and have childlike faces and voices.

No wonder the man doesn't want a real relationship with a Japanese woman. He's prefers virtual paedophilia.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 10:47
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    There's nothing sweet about this game. These female characters wear long socks and have childlike faces and voices.

No wonder the man doesn't want a real relationship with a Japanese woman. He's prefers virtual paedophilia.
    These men have low self-esteem, what a poor life.
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 14:59
    will he consummate the marriage?
  6. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 16:53
    He'd have been better advised to spend his money on seeing a shrink.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree