1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 19:01
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Your memory fails you sir.

Only once per episode. (And only one suspect. He was that good).
    LOL@ goad, it was his character he played not him silly!!!

You could be right on that, but it did ge t irritating after awhile!!!

Almost as irritating as I can be! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '19 02:13
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, but I feel they used it so many times in one show it became irritating. It didn't stop me from watching though and trying to figure out who did it. πŸ˜‰

-VR
    Did you ever even watch the show?

One hallmark of Columbo is that they always showed you who did it in the very first scene, and it was always the guest star. The wonder of the show was watching him corral the guilty one and making him confess.

Are you saying you could never figure out who did it, even though they showed the crime in the very first scene?

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, mind you, I'm just saying you'd have to be extraordinarily stupid not to know who did it after being shown who did it.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Jun '19 03:101 edit
    @suzianne said

One hallmark of Columbo is that they always showed you who did it in the very first scene, and it was always the guest star. The wonder of the show was watching him corral the guilty one and making him confess.
    On the other hand, I quite liked Murder on the Orient Express and Ten Little Indians where there were too many suspects and it really is hard to figure out who done it.

PS I remember a Columbo episode w Leonard Nimoy as the guest villain. What a surprise that was.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    07 Jun '19 06:291 edit
    @moonbus said
    On the other hand, I quite liked Murder on the Orient Express and Ten Little Indians where there were too many suspects and it really is hard to figure out who done it.

PS I remember a Columbo episode w Leonard Nimoy as the guest villain. What a surprise that was.
    Murder on the Orient Express with Dave Suchet is very well-made with good actors and it's moving, as Hercule Poirot struggles with his Catholic faith to find a way to deal with the murder and forgive himself for his decision which he finds is basically morally wrong - 'an eye for an eye'.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '19 10:251 edit
    @moonbus said

Both of these are remarkable movies. I believe M.O.E. was remade relatively recently (2017) directed by Kenneth Branagh (who also played Poirot). I still think Sidney Lumet's version (1974) was better.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jun '19 10:511 edit
    @suzianne said

Are you saying you could never figure out who did it, even though they showed the crime in the very first scene?

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, mind you, I'm just saying you'd have to be extraordinarily stupid not to know who did it after being shown who did it.
    It was a long time ago Suzie Q, I probably forgot we already knew who done it all I remember is the irritating way he would always come back with one more question.

I didn't go over any u-tubes of it which I am sure you probably did!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

Kind of like how you can be very irritating at times!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 09:58
    @suzianne said
    Both of these are remarkable movies. I believe M.O.E. was remade relatively recently (2017) directed by Kenneth Branagh (who also played Poirot). I still think Sidney Lumet's version (1974) was better.
    Actually I found the books better...

I saw the movie with Peter Ustinov, he did a good Poirot. But I didn't like the movies atmosphere.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree