General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    30 Nov '15 00:512 edits
    It's time to stand up for ourselves and weather ~ chin first, and in public ~ the snooty slings and arch arrows of 'it's undrinkable' and 'it's a waste of time'.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97046
    30 Nov '15 01:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's time to stand up for ourselves and weather ~ chin first, and in public ~ the snooty slings and arch arrows of 'it's undrinkable' and 'it's a waste of time'.
    I cannot stomach the stuff. It really does taste...well to put it politely... horrible.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    30 Nov '15 01:59
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I cannot stomach the stuff. It really does taste...well to put it politely... horrible.
    Come on then. "Horrible". More. Bring it on.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322061
    30 Nov '15 02:06
    I enjoy both kinds - the public cappuccino and the convenient private just-a-spoon variety.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97046
    30 Nov '15 02:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Come on then. "Horrible". More. Bring it on.
    It tastes nothing even resembling coffee. It's like saying near beer tastes like the real thing.
  6. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    30 Nov '15 02:30
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    It tastes nothing even resembling coffee. It's like saying near beer tastes like the real thing.
    The instant coffee I'm drinking - right now as I type this - tastes pretty good and I speak as a person who roasted and ground coffee for himself for 8 years while living in Japan.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97046
    30 Nov '15 02:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    The instant coffee I'm drinking - right now as I type this - tastes pretty good and I speak as a person who roasted and ground coffee for himself for 8 years while living in Japan.
    I guess it's a matter of, to each his own then eh?
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    30 Nov '15 02:39
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I guess it's a matter of, to each his own then eh?
    Of course. But with this thread I'm looking to weather the snooty slings and arch arrows of 'it's undrinkable' and 'it's a waste of time', and "to each his own then" is just way too cuddly and conciliatory.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97046
    30 Nov '15 02:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course. But with this thread I'm looking to weather the snooty slings and arch arrows of 'it's undrinkable' and 'it's a waste of time', and "to each his own then" is just way too cuddly and conciliatory.
    I checked my quiver and find none there. I will however have a look at my supply of slingshot "shot" and only because I like you.
  10. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    30 Nov '15 02:48
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I checked my quiver and find none there. I will however have a look at my supply of slingshot "shot" and only because I like you.
    People going chin first in public are not seeking to be told they are liked. 😠
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97046
    30 Nov '15 02:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    People going chin first in public are not seeking to be told they are liked. 😠
    OK I'll do it then because I don't like you and hope I find something I can fling at ya.
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    30 Nov '15 02:56
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    OK I'll do it then because I don't like you and hope I find something I can fling at ya.
    Ha! So you don't like me! As I thought. You are poisoned by "drinkable" coffee. Bring it on.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    30 Nov '15 03:46
    PG Tips. 😀
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    30 Nov '15 04:59
    wolfgang59 has laid an egg.
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525822
    30 Nov '15 05:53
    In fact I quite like the stuff.
Back to Top