1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 17:033 edits
    Originally posted by lolof
    Well, I had to go through the menus of similar previous arrangements, and I would suggest the following:

Appetizer:
    - Hand-Breaded Calamari , thinly cut and lightly fried. Served with spicy marinara sauce.

Salad:
    - Italian Wedge: iceberg wedge, applewood smoked bacon, candied pecans, gorgonzola, roma tomatoes and apple slices in a roasted garlic ran ...[text shortened]... with rum and coffee liqueur.

Choice of wine: I would leave that to the restaurant to decide.
    "lolof, your suggestions are nothing short of both exquisite and magnificent! We shall incorporate each of them in a brand new special occasions menu titled: Italian Cuisine Excellante. I will leave the choice of appropriate fine wines to our Off Topic Opinion Café's trusted Sommelier, Carl who was born and resides in a small village west of Goteborg, Sweden. By the way, this handsome and well read man is a retired widower who works out at the local gym daily and loves ballroom dancing. Hmm... I'm wondering if you also enjoy exercising and dancing. Must get back to these menu creations for tomorrow. Best to you and yours, Chef Bleu"
  2. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 17:42
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "lolof, your suggestions are nothing short of both exquisite and magnificent! We shall incorporate each of them in a brand new special occasions menu titled: Italian Cuisine Excellante. I will leave the choice of appropriate fine wines to our Off Topic Opinion Café's trusted Sommelier, Carl who was born and resides in a small village west of Gote ...[text shortened]... d dancing. Must get back to these menu creations for tomorrow. Best to you and yours, Chef Bleu"
    Thank you, Bob. If the gentleman you refer to lives west of Gothenburg, I suppose he has a house on one of our beautiful islands and that is an attractive thought... 🙂
    The exercise I appreciate most is daily walks and I hope to be able to continue doing that for many years.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 00:14
    Originally posted by lolof
    Thank you, Bob. If the gentleman you refer to lives west of Gothenburg, I suppose he has a house on one of our beautiful islands and that is an attractive thought... 🙂
    The exercise I appreciate most is daily walks and I hope to be able to continue doing that for many years.
    lolof, you're quite welcome. Carl also enjoys "daily walks" along the islands' seashores while on vacation and in the forests with a friend.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 04:50
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Why are our testicles outside our bodies?

Maybe I should have put this question into the Science forum but let's see if anyone notices.
    If you want the reply by the theory of evolution: because taht's the way it is.

If you want a teleological answer answer: because the ripening of sperm requires less temperature than body temperature (so one method to prevent conception is to keep your testicles at about 100 F.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '15 05:04
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    If you want the reply by the theory of evolution: because taht's the way it is.

If you want a teleological answer answer: because the ripening of sperm requires less temperature than body temperature (so one method to prevent conception is to keep your testicles at about 100 F.
    Rebooted for Great Big Stees...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree