Later on we will take mugshots of everybody for the
    scum of this forum to have something to frame and hang
    on their walls, like stuffed deer heads adorning a hunter's
    living room.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 08:21
    Since become chess champion in a small Peruvian town my ambitions in my chess career were finally realised and I decided to humblely retire.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 10:00
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Good day, lost souls, welcome to RHP's official counter
    for subscriptions which were left to run out or also did
    not materialize. Kind of a thermometer of this site's
    decline.

If you have decided not to renew your subscription,
    whether or not the little star still twinkles, or you decided
    not to become a paying member, please post here
    stating your ...[text shortened]... ing to frame and hang
    on their walls, like stuffed deer heads adorning a hunter's
    living room.
    I know that this isn't the kind of reply that you were seeking, but just for the record;

Born of some deep - seated and probably misguided (I blame my parents) sense of fairness, I would feel guilty playing without subscription. I play chess badly but at least I do so with clear conscience; it ain't a lot of money, after all, and if people take the trouble to set up and maintain this kind of thing then they should reap some reward, should they not?

I will therefore continue to subscribe until a) I die, b) My brain explodes (Which may in any case lead to (a), or c) I decide instead to take up needlecraft or some other worthwhile and spiritually rewarding pastime.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 11:11
    Originally posted by Indonesia Phil
    I know that this isn't the kind of reply that you were seeking, but just for the record;

Born of some deep - seated and probably misguided (I blame my parents) sense of fairness, I would feel guilty playing without subscription. I play chess badly but at least I do so with clear conscience; it ain't a lot of money, after all, and if people take the ...[text shortened]... ecide instead to take up needlecraft or some other worthwhile and spiritually rewarding pastime.
    I too just think it's the right thing to do to subscribe once one has sampled what the web site offers and made regular use of it having found it to be good. I think the site offers good value for money.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 12:50

Born of some deep - seated and probably misguided (I blame my parents) sense of fairness, I would feel guilty playing without subscription. I play chess badly but at least I do so with clear conscience; it ain't a lot of money, after all, and if people take the ...[text shortened]... ecide instead to take up needlecraft or some other worthwhile and spiritually rewarding pastime.
    I agree; in terms of bang-per-buck this place is loud and good value for the small investment.
  6. Standard memberJerryH
    Hyperbole Happy
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 17:38
    Non-subscriber members are part of this site's business model.
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 21:53

Gee... you must have pretty bad genes.

Like, I'm sorry, kid. I really am :'(
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 05:49
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Gee... you must have pretty bad genes.

Like, I'm sorry, kid. I really am :'(
    Don't waste your sympathy; we all have our cross to bear and I've learned to live with it.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 22:17
    I let mine expire. Not much added value for money, IMO; the clan system was the only feature I wished to try out as a sub and it didn't pan out for me. I get as much as I want out of the site as a non-sub.
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 11:26
    I let mine expire because of the atrocious moderation on these forums.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 11:371 edit
    Originally posted by Kegge
    I never would have counted you as a user of the word 'atrocious'. 🙂

I get it though. If I let my sub go, it'll be because of the way they've allowed the obvious collusion going on in the clan system to trivialize possibly the best part of this site.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 13:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If I let my sub go, it'll be because of the way they've allowed the obvious collusion going on in the clan system to trivialize possibly the best part of this site.
    The twenty or so regulars here who read that PM you sent me (I passed the contents on to them) might find the gap between what you are saying here, now, and what you said in that PM, rather curious. 😉
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 15:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I never would have counted you as a user of the word 'atrocious'. 🙂

I get it though. If I let my sub go, it'll be because of the way they've allowed the obvious collusion going on in the clan system to trivialize possibly the best part of this site.
    What do you mean you "get it"? He's taking about forum moderation and your talking about clan ranking regulation.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 15:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    The twenty or so regulars here who read that PM you sent me (I passed the contents on to them) might find the gap between what you are saying here, now, and what you said in that PM, rather curious. 😉
    Woa clandestine PM's and subterfuge! Its not been a good year for Suzi the Snowflake.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 18:14
    Originally posted by Kegge
    Er, do you mean the atrocious lack of it? Or do you mean that even when the moderators do moderate, it is atrocious?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree