1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 22:04
    Spector called Olive: "Hiya gorgeous" was his opener as he didn't want to alarm her. But her response alarmed him: "Lance! Hold on a second, there's someone at the door!" He shouted to her not to do that, but she'd already rushed off to respond to the doorbell.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 22:05
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Navy pulled up in front of Olive's house, turned off the engine and checked his hair in the rearview mirror. When he was satisfied that his wig was on properly he got out of the car and went to her front door.
    As navy approached Olive's her door was flung open and a brute of a man in a hooped Tshirt came careering down the path, almost knocking navy off His feet, quickly follwed by a vase that smashed on the brute's head.

when navy had regained his composure the man had dissapeared into the gloom leaving only his curses hanging in the air and Olives door had been slammed shut again.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 22:08
    snap! the next writer now has a choice of direction. 🙂
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 22:18
    I'm drinking genuine cowboy coffee right now. 😉
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 22:21
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    snap! the next writer now has a choice of direction. 🙂
    It will probably be stees and if you can figure out which one He is following you have better analytical powers than I.🙂
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 00:41
    Spector called Olive: "Hiya gorgeous" was his opener as he didn't want to alarm her. But her response alarmed him: "Lance! Hold on a second, there's someone at the door!" He shouted to her not to do that, but she'd already rushed off to respond to the doorbell.
    Navy said, "Hello madame I'm George Fornby from the utility company and they've sent me to check your meter. Seems there's some issue with your usage, seems high." Olive said, "May I see some identification please." Navy produced a good copy, supplied by Rory 'Xerocks' Nuggent, of the utility's ID card. Olive opened the door completely and took Navy to the basement to where the meter was.
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 03:12
    Navy said, "Hello madame I'm George Fornby from the utility company and they've sent me to check your meter. Seems there's some issue with your usage, seems high." Olive said, "May I see some identification please." Navy produced a good copy, supplied by Rory 'Xerocks' Nuggent, of the utility's ID card. Olive opened the door completely and took Navy to the basement to where the meter was.
    Meanwhile, Spector was now thoroughly alarmed, so abandoned his coffee and headed for Olive's house. He knew about the broken lock on the laundry window, so climbed in there as quietly as he could. Navy was still doing his meter-man impersonation in the basement, so Spector positioned himself where he would be able to get between Olive and Navy if they both came up the basement stairs.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 11:48
    Meanwhile, Spector was now thoroughly alarmed, so abandoned his coffee and headed for Olive's house. He knew about the broken lock on the laundry window, so climbed in there as quietly as he could. Navy was still doing his meter-man impersonation in the basement, so Spector positioned himself where he would be able to get between Olive and Navy if they both came up the basement stairs.
    Navy was a pretty good impersonator and finished his inspection, he even had a tag he put on the meter saying all was A-OK. As they started to ascend the stairs, her leading the way, he stealthfully grabbed her from behind forcing her back down. He was able to stiffle her screams with a quick move to cover her mouth. As he was tying her up he heard a squeek from above and stopped to listen more closely.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 12:24
    Spector, with a kitchen mallet in his hand, came down the stairs at a run and leapt on Navy, who lost his balance and fell heavily against the wall. The cracking sound of his neck breaking was not lost on Olive who started whimpering quietly.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 13:14
    Spector, with a kitchen mallet in his hand, came down the stairs at a run and leapt on Navy, who lost his balance and fell heavily against the wall. The cracking sound of his neck breaking was not lost on Olive who started whimpering quietly.
    Once he'd untied Olive and made sure that she was OK he took out his cell phone and tried to call 911 even though he knew that it was too late to help Navy. The reception was spotty in the basement so he made his way upstairs. As he opened the door to the kitchen the lights went out...well his lights anyway.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 14:131 edit
    Once he'd untied Olive and made sure that she was OK he took out his cell phone and tried to call 911 even though he knew that it was too late to help Navy. The reception was spotty in the basement so he made his way upstairs. As he opened the door to the kitchen the lights went out...well his lights anyway.
    Unbeknownst to Spector, navy, or, Popeye to his friends had come to check on Olive who was an old flame after He had heard that a his arch nemesis Bluto had taken a fancy to Her.

Bluto who had returned to teach Olive not to throw vases at Him reacted with His instinctive violence on seeing a male rival coming out of the basement.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 18:23
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Unbeknownst to Spector, navy, or, Popeye to his friends had come to check on Olive who was an old flame after He had heard that a his arch nemesis Bluto had taken a fancy to Her.

Bluto who had returned to teach Olive not to throw vases at Him reacted with His instinctive violence on seeing a male rival coming out of the basement.
    When Bluto realized that the one he'd hit wasn't Navy but someone else he panicked, pulled out his 9mm and shot him then ran down into the basement to see if there were any witnesses. Seeing Navy's body laying on the floor, his neck bent in an obviously uncommon way, he ran back up the stairs and out the door. Olive after about an hour finally thought that the coast was clear and went upstairs to call the police.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 20:02
    When Bluto realized that the one he'd hit wasn't Navy but someone else he panicked, pulled out his 9mm and shot him then ran down into the basement to see if there were any witnesses. Seeing Navy's body laying on the floor, his neck bent in an obviously uncommon way, he ran back up the stairs and out the door. Olive after about an hour finally thought that the coast was clear and went upstairs to call the police.
    On hearing Olives story sergeant wimpy who was on duty at the time and had dealings with Popeye before asked Olive to open a can of spinach and ram the contents down Popeye's throat, taking care not to cause any further damage to his neck.

Although Olive was very sceptical about sergeant Wimpy's instructions, she followed them faithfully, to Her astonishment Her ex boyfriend responded to the spinach immediately, by making violent convulsive movements and saying Ag, Ag, Ag.

When He had fully recovered He kissed Olive in the way only a sailor can, and nine months later She gave birth to a baby boy who they called Sweetpea after sharing a flagon of Grog. Spector was buried with full honours and Bluto continued to be a complete ass.
  14. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 20:21
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    On hearing Olives story sergeant wimpy who was on duty at the time and had dealings with Popeye before asked Olive to open a can of spinach and ram the contents down Popeye's throat, taking care not to cause any further damage to his neck.

Although Olive was very sceptical about sergeant Wimpy's instructions, she followed them faithfully, to Her astonish ...[text shortened]... flagon of Grog. Spector was buried with full honours and Bluto continued to be a complete ass.
    Very good! I enjoy the beginning of a story, then with new people and new names appearing, I get confused.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 22:09
    Originally posted by lolof
    Very good! I enjoy the beginning of a story, then with new people and new names appearing, I get confused.
    I know, it's very confusing, a cross between 'Chinese Whispers', and a free association exercise.

Did you watch Popeye as a child?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree