1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 17:18
    Hello - I had an idea you folks might want to think about: My wife is of English/Welsh decent and we've wanted to see the U.K. for years. If any of you would be interested in visiting America you might consider a simultaneous vacation. i.e. We could travel to each other's cities and stay in each others houses for a specified period of time (1 week perhaps) We live in the Seattle area. Lots of details to work out of course, but could save us both a great deal in lodging costs. Send me a PM if you're interested. 🙂
  2. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 17:26
    @mchill said
    Hello - I had an idea you folks might want to think about: My wife is of English/Welsh decent and we've wanted to see the U.K. for years. If any of you would be interested in visiting America you might consider a simultaneous vacation. i.e. We could travel to each other's cities and stay in each others houses for a specified period of time (1 week perhaps) We live in the Seatt ...[text shortened]... course, but could save us both a great deal in lodging costs. Send me a PM if you're interested. 🙂
    When you leave Wa. please take all the libtards w/ya and don't forget to turn off all the lights. Fake gobal warming and all that, sorry I meant climate change or whatever you people want to call it next
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 17:32
    i had a buddy once,
    jonah was his name...
    he lived inside a whale for a while,
    and now he's not the same...
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 18:05
    @rookie54

Hats off to ya!
  5. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 18:12
    @kquinn909 said
    When you leave Wa. please take all the libtards w/ya and don't forget to turn off all the lights. Fake gobal warming and all that, sorry I meant climate change or whatever you people want to call it next
    Do live in Washington?
  6. RSA
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 19:592 edits
    @mchill said
    Hello - I had an idea you folks might want to think about: My wife is of English/Welsh decent and we've wanted to see the U.K. for years. If any of you would be interested in visiting America you might consider a simultaneous vacation. i.e. We could travel to each other's cities and stay in each others houses for a specified period of time (1 week perhaps) We live in the Seatt ...[text shortened]... course, but could save us both a great deal in lodging costs. Send me a PM if you're interested. 🙂
    I can offer a bit of advice.

Winter on the fair isles of Great Britain and Ireland is an acquired taste. Please visit from June - September if it is your first time.

I'm not sure what really interests you (nature, urban areas, etc), but I'll give a list of things you might want to do:

Nature:

England:

Exmoor
    Lake District
    Dorset coast
    White cliffs of Dover - iconic
    Dartmoor
    Mendip Hills
    Glastonbury Tor - the rumoured site of King Arthur's burial, "Avalon".
    Cornwall in general - perhaps even a trip to Isles of Scilly?
    Stonehenge (this is man-made, but I couldn't classify it under "urban" ).

Wales:

Snowdonia is breathtaking. I mean really.

Scotland:

Anything in the highlands is spectacular and a must-see.
    If you can, get to the Hebrides as well.

Northern Ireland:

Giant's Causeway
    In general, it's just very green and pretty. You can see Scotland on a clear day from some parts.

Urban:

Edinburgh
    London
    Too many smaller towns that are rich in history to list here.
    If you are interested in American history, you might want to see the Sulgrave Manor (George Washington's ancestral home) although it's less of a manor and more like a cottage)
    If you like tennis, Wimbledon is a must...

Funny, I have my eye on splitting my time between Washington state and the UK when I get my degree. Unfortunately, I cannot take up your offer until I qualify, but I wish you the best of luck.
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 21:201 edit
    @mchill said
    That situational request kind of reminds me of the film: "The Holiday" (2006).

Though, it's more chick-flick than comedy; Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz are damned good actors.
    Oh, and they look good on film too! 😀

YouTube - Trailer for "The Holiday"
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 21:26
    @mchill said
    Lol.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 01:39
    @mchill

To my friends in England and Whales

While the people of Whales and Scotchland sat the war out as neutrals, it was England what stood up to the Russians and Germans in World War Two along with Czech pilots who learned to speak Home Counties very quickly.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 09:28
    @fmf said
    @mchill

To my friends in England and Whales

While the people of Whales and Scotchland sat the war out as neutrals, it was England what stood up to the Russians and Germans in World War Two along with Czech pilots who learned to speak Home Counties very quickly.
    we all know John Wayne(big Legge) won the 2nd world war.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 15:051 edit
    @mchill said
    How many whales consider you as friend?
    I would LOVE to have a few whales as friends, make it safer when I went scuba diving in shark infested waters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree