1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 09:48
    1. Washing the car!
    My car is just a thing to get me from A-B. Washed it twice last year thus the need to get the sills resprayed due to rust. It’s impossible to hoover up the leaf debris from the black carpet and contort my body to get the dust out of awkward spots.
    2. Food Shopping - So time consuming with having to unpack everything on return home where other jobs await me and I’m starving.
    3. Packing before a holiday - The final hour before leaving home is the worst, I’ve hardly slept and feel horrible.
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 10:35
    1. Vacuum cleaning, although I know it must have been a blessing to all homes when it was introduced.
    2. Just as you, packing to leave home. I get totally unorganized and I keep putting it off. All clothes ready to be packed but I hesitate to get them into the suitcase. So I think it's about leaving home. Once at the airport all is good.
    3. Keys.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 11:41
    @drewnogal said
    1. Washing the car!
    My car is just a thing to get me from A-B. Washed it twice last year thus the need to get the sills resprayed due to rust. It’s impossible to hoover up the leaf debris from the black carpet and contort my body to get the dust out of awkward spots.
    2. Food Shopping - So time consuming with having to unpack everything on return home where other jobs awa ...[text shortened]... re a holiday - The final hour before leaving home is the worst, I’ve hardly slept and feel horrible.
    1) Self assessment tax return ~ 2017 deadline expires this month and I have already had a fine for failing to complete 2016’s return on time.

2) Clothes shopping ~ I absolutely loathe this activity and will do anything to avoid it. Tendency is to execute surgical strikes and bulk purchase twice a year.

3) Decorating ~ will usually pay a professional and keep well out of the way.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 12:23
    Lost/stolen wallet. Canceling/replacing cards and such.

Income tax prep, we now pay for it to be done, and it should be simple for retirees to do ourselves. I am convinced the tax preparers and legislators are in cahoots.

Dental appointments.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 13:441 edit
    Geeeeez, what is it with people and tax returns.

Get TurboTax and whip it out in 2-3 hours, including electronic filing.

This is the 21st Century, you know.

DISCLAIMER: This only applies to those filing as US citizens. I don't know Jack about how tough it is to file in other countries.
  6. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 14:00
    relatives
    emergency rooms
    dentists
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 14:52
    doctors
    lawyers
    politicians

and furthering this list,
    poets
    preachers
    poodles
    putz'
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 15:53
    @suzianne said
    Geeeeez, what is it with people and tax returns.

Get TurboTax and whip it out in 2-3 hours, including electronic filing.

This is the 21st Century, you know.

DISCLAIMER: This only applies to those filing as US citizens. I don't know Jack about how tough it is to file in other countries.
    How much do you charge?😀
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 16:21
    @drewnogal said
    1. Washing the car!
    2. Food Shopping - So time consuming with having to unpack everything on return home where other jobs awa ...[text shortened]... re a holiday - The final hour before leaving home is the worst, I’ve hardly slept and feel horrible.
    Number one is unquestionably to avoid crapping my pants.

Number two is zipping my wiener up in my fly.

Number three is procrastination.
  10. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 16:24
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Number one is unquestionably to avoid crapping my pants.

Number two is zipping my wiener up in my fly.

Number three is procrastination.
    is number three the reason you don't number two, even tho you admit to number two in number one,
    and walk about exposing yer number one to the world at large???
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 17:31
    I prefer to avoid:

- Watching children suffer in pain.

- Deriving pleasure from the calamity of others. Though sometimes other's stupidity is innately comic relief.

- Listening to stupid people with lots of money.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 18:21
    Driving on icy roads

Not having a book to read

Rap music
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 18:26
    1. Vets.
    2. Estate Agents.
    3. Rusty.

😆
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 18:57
    @handyandy said
    Driving on icy roads

Not having a book to read

Rap music
    Well it appears I am not the only one that would prefer to avoid icy roads. 😉

-VR
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 18:58
    @drewnogal said
    1. Washing the car!
    The present POTUS.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree