1. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 22:17
    ii don't feel "safe" with you people on the forum.

russ has to make you leave.

( so powerful to be a leftist snowflake crybaby )
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 22:20
    @mister-moggy said

What people are you talking about?

-VR
  3. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 22:22
    @Very-Rusty

as posted in the daily mail today.

"Five police officers are kicked out of an Arizona Starbucks after a customer complained to staff that she 'didn't feel safe' with them being inside
    Five Arizona police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks coffee shop on July 4 after a customer complained to staff that she ‘didn’t feel safe’ with them there
    The worker is said to have told them to either move out of the complaining customer’s line of sight or leave the premises entirely."
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 22:282 edits
    @mister-moggy said
    @Very-Rusty

"Five police officers are kicked out of an Arizona Starbucks after a customer complained to staff that she 'didn't feel safe' with them being inside
    Five Arizona police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks coffee shop on July 4 after a customer complained to staff that she ‘didn’t feel safe’ with them there
    The w ...[text shortened]... them to either move out of the complaining customer’s line of sight or leave the premises entirely."
    What country and what starbucks was this allegedly suppose to have happened?

I've never heard anything so ridiculous.

I just read the story on it....That is crazy!!! I hope that Starbucks in Arizona USA run into problems and the police don't respond as they were once asked to leave it would serve them right. Now that would be justice!!!!

-VR
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 23:081 edit
    @mister-moggy said

I get what you are saying. I'm a fairly sensitive guy myself, but people who demand that we dance around their eggshells because of their sensitivities seem a little too controlling to me.

I don't know the answer. What is the correct social boundary to be observed between highly sensitives and less sensitives (not to mention insensitives!)?

I don't think it's right to tell sensitive people to "grow a skin", or conversely for the sensitives to have unilateral control regarding social situations.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 23:13
    @caesar-salad said
    I get what you are saying. I'm a fairly sensitive guy myself, but people who demand that we dance around their eggshells because of their sensitivities seem a little too controlling to me.

I don't know the answer. What is the correct social boundary to be observed between highly sensitives and less sensitives (not to mention insensitives!)?

I don't think it's righ ...[text shortened]... ow a skin", or conversely for the sensitives to have unilateral control regarding social situations.
    Being sensitive in this world is a hard way to live.

I think the cops have every right to be in a Starbucks getting coffee. People should feel safe with having protection.

The customer that complained have some warrents out on him/her I wonder?
    That is the most silly thing I've heard of in some time now.

If you don't want the police there when there isn't a problem, don't bother calling them when there is one....I was a cop in that area where it happened and got a call I'd be taking my time getting there, maybe even have a flat tire along the way, and have to call somone further away.....I wonder how Starbucks would react then??? 😉

-VR
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 01:44
    @very-rusty [i]said[/I ]
    Being sensitive in this world is a hard way to live.

I think the cops have every right to be in a Starbucks getting coffee. People should feel safe with having protection.

The customer that complained have some warrents out on him/her I wonder?
    That is the most silly thing I've heard of in some time now.

If you don't want the police there when there isn't a pro ...[text shortened]... way, and have to call somone further away.....I wonder how Starbucks would react then??? 😉

-VR
    Maybe worried about THIS> https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/15/us/starbucks-philadelphia-black-men-arrest.html
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 02:19
    @mister-moggy said
    @Very-Rusty

The w ...[text shortened]... them to either move out of the complaining customer’s line of sight or leave the premises entirely."
    And if the police refuse to leave, who will they call ??
  9. Standard memberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 02:46
    The last time I was at Starbucks a dude served me my coffee and he was wearing so much makeup he looked like a crazy clown from the circus or something.
    He looked absolutely ridiculous and the other staff were pretending that it was normal.

I imagine Starbucks will gradually lose customers and quite possibly close down and reopen under a new name.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 03:35
    @patzering said
    The last time I was at Starbucks a dude served me my coffee and he was wearing so much makeup he looked like a crazy clown from the circus or something.
    He looked absolutely ridiculous and the other staff were pretending that it was normal.

I imagine Starbucks will gradually lose customers and quite possibly close down and reopen under a new name.
    I imagine people like you will become extinct.

Bye Dinosaur-Man.
  11. Standard memberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 04:47
    These fruitcakes with mental problems and the pandering they receive are the reason why people like me are growing in numbers.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 12:00
    Starbucks is waaaay too expensive for my meager means. Gimme Tim Hortons.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 12:061 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    I agree they are expensive and the coffee really isn't all that great....I use to go to Tim's for years....then for some reason they changed their coffee...I found out from someone that Mcdonald's had the original Tim's coffee, so now go to Mcdonald's and GBS you are going to like this one, you get a free cup to go so you wind up with two cups for the price of one.

Also can collect stickers after you fill a card that has seven another free one, you can get a app on your cell phone that you put on so for every one coffe you are winding up with 3 if you count the sticker on your app and the free one to go!!!!

-VR
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 12:17
    @very-rusty said
    I agree they are expensive and the coffee really isn't all that great....I use to go to Tim's for years....then for some reason they changed their coffee...I found out from someone that Mcdonald's had the original Tim's coffee, so now go to Mcdonald's and GBS you are going to like this one, you get a free cup to go so you wind up with two cups for the price of one.

Als ...[text shortened]... ffe you are winding up with 3 if you count the sticker on your app and the free one to go!!!!

-VR
    Unfortunately my "smart phone" isn't a smart one and I am unable to get apps. Probably for two reasons, it's an older flip phone and I don't have data...it's a "PHONE".
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 12:191 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Life’s too short to wait for a Starbucks.
    Give me a mug of instant made with a kettle any day; I have a life to get on with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree