Trumps wall

Standard memberRemoved
General 28 Jan '20 13:28
  1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 20:39
    @shallow-blue said
    Ask your proudly Anglo-Saxon ancestors, mate.

Then ask your Celtic neighbours.
    Well you got a grin out of me, well done and thanks.
    But you’re not really addressing my honest question.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:58
    @divegeester said
    Leaving aside Trump and US politics for a moment; why does anyone think that uncontrolled immigration is either a good idea or somehow carries a standard of righteousness?
    Who do you think is advocating uncontrolled immigration? Has one at all in these forums seriously proposed it?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 09:44
    @moonbus said
    Who do you think is advocating uncontrolled immigration? Has one at all in these forums seriously proposed it?
    Yes, several regular posters in the debates forum.

So what is your concept of “controlled migration” from Mexico into the US? Does it exist now?
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 13:41
    @divegeester said

So what is your concept of “controlled migration” from Mexico into the US? Does it exist now?
    It does and has done for many years and will continue to. I don't want to be maudlin but...
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 13:54
    @great-big-stees said
    It does and has done for many years and will continue to. I don't want to be maudlin but...
    If the migration from Mexico to the US is controlled then why do many Americans feel the need for a wall to control it?
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 14:21
    @divegeester said
    If the migration from Mexico to the US is controlled then why do many Americans feel the need for a wall to control it?
    I suspect that the ones who want a wall don't understand the word control in this instance.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 14:47
    @divegeester said

I stand corrected; I did not realize anyone actually advocated uncontrolled immigration.

Regarding the US/Mexican border, there is an immigration policy in force. How effectively it is enforced is another matter.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 14:491 edit
    @divegeester said
    Because it is impractical to post a guard within sight of the next one along the entire border.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51308506
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 15:30
    @moonbus said
    Because it is impractical to post a guard within sight of the next one along the entire border.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51308506
    Then by definition, immigration from Mexico to the US is not controlled.

Policy is irrelevant if it’s not executable.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 15:32
    @moonbus said
    Regarding the US/Mexican border, there is an immigration policy in force. How effectively it is enforced is another matter.
    Which is exactly my point, immigration from Mexico to the US is uncontrolled.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 15:39
    @moonbus said
    I stand corrected; I did not realize anyone actually advocated uncontrolled immigration.
    There are several posters in Debates who feel that there should be no borders whatsoever and everyone from any country should be able to migrate as they see fit. KazetNagorra is the most vociferous; he and I have had numerous exchanges over the topic. Of course the notion is an ideological fairytale.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 15:54
    @great-big-stees said
    Where there's a will, there's a way.
    Where there’s a wall there’s a tunnel.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 16:29
    @trev33 said
    I would save up to get a cheap sea ticket to a Canadian port and then stay there and open a Mexican diner.
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 18:27
    @trev33 said
    Speak of the devil:
    It starts in a small industrial building in Tijuana, Mexico, according to United States officials.
    From there, the extensive tunnel snakes underground beneath the U.S.-Mexico border, finally ending roughly 4,309 feet later in Southern California, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials said in a news release on Wednesday.
    Federal officials called it “the longest illicit cross-border tunnel ever discovered along the Southwest border.”

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article239772258.html#storylink=cpy
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 18:35
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Speak of the devil:
    [b]It starts in a small industrial building in Tijuana, Mexico, according to United States officials.
    From there, the extensive tunnel snakes underground beneath the U.S.-Mexico border, finally ending roughly 4,309 feet later in Southern California, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials said in a news release on Wednesday.
    Federal officia ...[text shortened]... ead more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article239772258.html#storylink=cpy
    I thought that was supposed to be for sending drugs to the Americanos who think they're manna from heaven ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree