1. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 20:50
    "Another wise ass know it all" here (see Honor Roll thread, page 18, post 13...

Let us elevate the furshlugginer GF, huh?

From Time Magazine:

Americans and Brits have argued over the English language for centuries, and not just about an extra u here and there. But according to Peter Martin, author of the Dictionary Wars: The American Fight Over the English Language, "they have always been able to understand their insults of one another."
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 20:55
    @leur said

From Time Magazine:

Americans and Brits have argued over the English language for centuries, and not just about an extra u here and there. But according to Peter Martin, author of the Dictionary Wars: The American Fight Over the English Language, "they have always been able to understand their insults of one another."
    And it wasn't even me for a change.....LOL... 😉

-VR
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 12:00
    @leur said

From Time Magazine:

I have been aprt of an international Team once. An Englishman claimed that his language was the best for Insults and was hevily challenged by an Italian. I asked myself if I wanted my language to be the best suited for Insults...
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 12:14
    @ponderable said
    I have been aprt of an international Team once. An Englishman claimed that his language was the best for Insults and was hevily challenged by an Italian. I asked myself if I wanted my language to be the best suited for Insults...
    Don't Americans spell that "inslts"? 🤔
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 21:15
    @great-big-stees said
    Don't Americans spell that "inslts"? 🤔
    Don't go getting the Americans all riled up, you know how touchy they can be! 😉

-VR
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 22:25
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    How dare you!!!!

😉
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jul '19 01:12
    @caesar-salad said
    How dare you!!!!

😉
    Thanks for proving my point!

LOL... 😛 😉

-VR
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '19 11:40
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    After watching President Trump's speech yesterday... 'nuff said. 🤔
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jul '19 11:441 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    After watching President Trump's speech yesterday... 'nuff said. 🤔
    I don't even listen to him anymore! 😉 It was Trump Day yesterday in the U.S.!! 😉

-VR
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '19 12:09
    @very-rusty said
    I don't even listen to him anymore! 😉 It was Trump Day yesterday in the U.S.!! 😉

-VR
    Oh I listen to him even more now. I was actually able to discontinue my purchasing of the comedy network because of him.
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Jul '19 12:16
    @great-big-stees said
    Oh I listen to him even more now. I was actually able to discontinue my purchasing of the comedy network because of him.
    We have a confusing situation here with political parties refusing to accept discussions with other parties, or other party. Are these grownup people?
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '19 12:22
    @torunn said
    We have a confusing situation here with political parties refusing to accept discussions with other parties, or other party. Are these grownup people?
    Perhaps, like a lot our youth, they prefer not to discuss issues "face to face", but on their cellphones/computers/tablets?
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jul '19 12:26
    @great-big-stees said
    LOL....Good Point! 😉

-VR
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Jul '19 12:26
    @great-big-stees said
    Perhaps, like a lot our youth, they prefer not to discuss issues "face to face", but on their cellphones/computers/tablets?
    That's true - I can hardly get hold of my family other than on facebook where at least they pop in now and then.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jul '19 12:28
    @torunn said
    That's true - I can hardly get hold of my family other than on facebook where at least they pop in now and then.
    My Brother-In-Law has never used a computer, doesn't even like a cell phone just lan line. One of the few left!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree