1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 04:042 edits
    The absolute best video I have ever seen! Do yourself a favour and watch. This isn't a joke. Trust me you will love this. Rarely do we see this kind of quality...you are missing out if you don't watch!

YouTube
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 05:44
    Originally posted by @uzless
    The absolute best video I have ever seen! Do yourself a favour and watch. This isn't a joke. Trust me you will love this. Rarely do we see this kind of quality...you are missing out if you don't watch!

[youtube]iKcWu0tsiZM[/youtube]
    I gave it my best shot.
    Humourless, predictable and pointless.
    A missed opportunity to say something useful about PC in Education.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 07:51

The moment I saw the spelling of the title, I knew it would be moronic.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 09:45

This is one of the most stupid things I've wasted my time on in a long time.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 20:28
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    This is one of the most stupid things I've wasted my time on in a long time.
    Yes, satire is hard to understand for the simpler among you.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '18 02:43
    To me, all your statement sounds like to me is, "Yeah, it was way better back when whites had all the jobs and women stayed at home."

Satire my ass. You are actually denigrating diversity.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '18 04:57

Poor.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Apr '18 05:49
    Satire needs to be done with some finesse.
    This was just a giant sledgehammer of sarcasm; totally witless.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '18 10:16
    It's not satire when it's dumber than the thing it's "satirising".
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Apr '18 16:06
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    To me, all your statement sounds like to me is, "Yeah, it was way better back when whites had all the jobs and women stayed at home."

Satire my ass. You are actually denigrating diversity.
    Do you really think that was the point of the video? How the hell did you come to that conclusion? The point the video is making is not a desire to return to the 1950's. The point is.....well maybe you need to think about it a little while longer.

Here's a clue though..the video was made by the brown guy in the video with the beard. He's made several other videos similar to this one.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 16:03
    Do you really think that was the point of the video? How the hell did you come to that conclusion? The point the video is making is not a desire to return to the 1950's. The point is.....well maybe you need to think about it a little while longer.

Here's a clue though..the video was made by the brown guy in the video with the beard. He's made several other videos similar to this one.
    I don't care who made it.

He's actually making fun of diversity and efforts to increase it.

Bigots come in more flavors than just white.
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Apr '18 16:49

After seeing that this one stirred debate after hesitating due to "absolutely best" my verdict:

I thumbed down the original post.

The video is far off from "absolutely best". It is not deep. It has a point about staying on topic... The problem has been tackled with much more depth and elegance before. e.g. Kurt Vonnegut: Harrison Bergeron (first published 1961 in "the Magazine of Fantays and Science Fiction"😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree