1. Manchester UK
    Moves
    27 Jan '05 18:51
    Excellent site but the text in the forums and elsewhere is far too small and doesn't respond to view text size larger.. because you've absolute font sizes in pixels.

PLEASE consider changing to relative fonts using the like of 1.0em instead of eg font-size: 12px;

Thanks
    davidpbrown
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Jan '05 19:02
    Originally posted by davidpbrown
    Excellent site but the text in the forums and elsewhere is far too small and doesn't respond to view text size larger.. because you've absolute font sizes in pixels.

PLEASE consider changing to relative fonts using the like of 1.0em instead of eg font-size: 12px;

Thanks
    davidpbrown
    Use Firefox, and then if the fonts on any site are too small, just press CTRL+ '+' and the font grows, CTRL+ '-' and the font shrinks.

D
  3. Manchester UK
    Moves
    27 Jan '05 19:14
    I do use Firefox but don't always have access to it. Certainly it's the best browser around but there are 95% of people that don't use it and shouldn't have to change because of a flaw in the design of a site.

The best thing about Firefox.. the thing that makes it is that it acknowledges the standards.. websites also need to.
    (long live -> XHTML CSS and relative fonts)

😉
  4. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 03:30
    Originally posted by davidpbrown
    I do use Firefox but don't always have access to it. Certainly it's the best browser around but there are 95% of people that don't use it and shouldn't have to change because of a flaw in the design of a site.

The best thing about Firefox.. the thing that makes it is that it acknowledges the standards.. websites also need to.
    (long live -> XHTML CSS and relative fonts)

😉
    You could try Opera. I use it here 100% of the time. It has an easy to access zoom feature for pages, but it also allows me to make my own CSS and apply it on any site. I can override the web developer's styles and replace them however I like.

For example, right now I'm on Timeforchess.com with the nice tan and green colors, but with just a click I can change the site to an "old school" style website. Or whatever I like. I can make every site on the web look exactly the same in Opera. Except for the graphics of course. 🙂

And yes, I usually bump up the fonts on this site to 10% larger. Maybe I just need new glasses? 🙂
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 04:02
    Originally posted by wib
    You could try Opera. I use it here 100% of the time. It has an easy to access zoom feature for pages, but it also allows me to make my own CSS and apply it on any site. I can override the web developer's styles and replace them however I like.

For example, right now I'm on Timeforchess.com with the nice tan and green colors, but with just a click I can ...[text shortened]... s, I usually bump up the fonts on this site to 10% larger. Maybe I just need new glasses? 🙂
    I use firefox to make the text smaller. Maybe that's just me.
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 10:20
    Originally posted by wib
    You could try Opera.
    but he said he uses FF but does not allways have access to it...
    I second that textsize should be measured in em, not in px.
    th
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 11:53
    I agree also.

I am currently doing a css update, so I will try to make the change.

-Russ
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 12:24
    would it be possible to choose from different css-sheets to get different interfaces like redhotchess, timeforchess and chessatwork? 🙂 😀
    th
  9. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 12:35
    meanwhile, a firefox fix for your situation is:
    Select Tools / options / fonts and colors / minimum font size
    set the value to 16 or so (play around) and you will be OK on RHP

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree