1. Joined
    20 Aug '09
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 22:21
    What are banded tournaments and how are they different from other tournaments. Is there a listing some where of all the types of tournaments on this site. I see the general differences like the groupings and the size of the tourneys, time and time bank and so one but this banded thing eludes me.
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 23:33
    Banded Tournaments are based on your 'Tournament Entry Rating' (visit your home page and scroll down to find yours). This is used to prevent 'sandbagging', an attempt by a player to artificially lower their rating so they can enter and possibly win a tournament at a lower level than their true playing strength.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 01:21
    Originally posted by Lawrence Anderson
    What are banded tournaments and how are they different from other tournaments. Is there a listing some where of all the types of tournaments on this site. I see the general differences like the groupings and the size of the tourneys, time and time bank and so one but this banded thing eludes me.
    Your current TER is 1442, so you would be able to enter any banded tournament which has 1442 within its range.

When you're responding to a post, particularly if it isn't the last post before yours, it's easier to read the thread if you use the "reply and quote" option as I have done here.
  4. Joined
    20 Aug '09
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 14:53
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Your current TER is 1442, so you would be able to enter any banded tournament which has 1442 within its range.

When you're responding to a post, particularly if it isn't the last post before yours, it's easier to read the thread if you use the "reply and quote" option as I have done here.
    Thanks. I appreciate your help. I was confused because it seems that the only tournaments that are called banded are banded threesomes. Many quartets and octets also seem to depend upon TER also.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 22:29
    Originally posted by Lawrence Anderson
    Thanks. I appreciate your help. I was confused because it seems that the only tournaments that are called banded are banded threesomes. Many quartets and octets also seem to depend upon TER also.
    Banded Tournaments tend to turn up in batches whenever the topic gets discussed, and they can be any type from duels to octets, and any time controls. All banded stuff is restricted by TER.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree