1. Joined
    13 Feb '03
    Moves
    07 Jun '03 06:29
    I would like to see this happen. I hate typing in my entire email address, when my user name is shorter. This may not appeal to those of you who's name is not as short... Jeoin(Knights of the Square Table)
  2. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    07 Jun '03 09:36
    maybe (just maybe) we use out e-mails to log in is because everyone knows your username, so somone somewhere might guess your pass. Noone knows your e-mail...
  3. Joined
    13 Feb '03
    Moves
    07 Jun '03 17:05
    thats a good point, but shouldn't occur. the likelyhood of someone guessing our password is small. I am just lazy..
  4. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    07 Jun '03 20:15
    I assume you use several different computers then?
    I never have to log in because of the cookies.
    I use my computer at home, and two at work and they all rmember me.
  5. Joined
    13 Feb '03
    Moves
    07 Jun '03 21:41
    yes i and several of my friends are always on different computers, except at home. At home my wife and I have to log out and in to make moves. it takes a chunk of time, but we are used to it.
  6. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    07 Jun '03 22:00
    Originally posted by Jeoin
    yes i and several of my friends are always on different computers, except at home. At home my wife and I have to log out and in to make moves. it takes a chunk of time, but we are used to it.
    There is a quick and simple solution to this:
    You log in to RedHotPawn.
    She logs in to TimeForChess (or one of the others).
    Each site keeps different cookies.
    Simple 🙂
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Jun '03 23:00
    Good advice.

Chris and I had a debate about this on day 1 when I first wrote the login code - he wanted it to be user name too. I will change it so you can use either some day soon.

-Russ
  8. Amsterdam
    Moves
    08 Jun '03 12:03
    Originally posted by Jeoin
    I would like to see this happen. I hate typing in my entire email address, when my user name is shorter. This may not appeal to those of you who's name is not as short... Jeoin(Knights of the Square Table)
    But when you type the first letter doesn't your entire adress appear? And when I type my adres, the password automaticly appears as well...maybe that is beacuase I have IE 6.0 or something..but oke...username log-in is also a good idea!

Olav

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree