1. Joined
    04 Sep '22
    Moves
    04 Sep '22 08:35
    Hello,
    I am new to the site then is it possible to change the language (English to French) ?
    Thank you very much for your help.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 Sep '22 18:05
    @minus said
    Hello,
    I am new to the site then is it possible to change the language (English to French) ?
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Welcome.
    I don't think so.If there is such an option I've never come across it
  3. Joined
    04 Sep '22
    Moves
    05 Sep '22 19:57
    @venda Thank you for your answer venda 👍
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Sep '22 20:271 edit
    @Minus
    There is no option to change the site language. It is english only.

You can communicate in other languages when posting, sending private messages, or sending 'in-game' messages between you and your opponent.

If needed, your and your opponent can cut and paste your messages into an online language translation site such as 'google translate' to figure out what you are trying to say, and can use that same option to compose a reply.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Sep '22 09:031 edit
    It would be nice to internationalize the site more and offer multiple languages, but it is not possible with the current resources and the size of the platform right now.

Perhaps community translations would be the way to go in the future. As @mwmiller mentioned though, online translation tools are so good these days, perhaps it's not even necessary anymore.
  6. Joined
    04 Sep '22
    Moves
    08 Sep '22 16:38
    Thank you all for your answers.
    I'm new here and this site is really very good and it should be advertised more.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '22 22:581 edit
    @minus said
    I'm new here and this site is really very good and it should be advertised more.
    Right…

And I’m a monkeys uncle.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 02:35
    @divegeester said
    Right…

And I’m a monkeys uncle.
    Et je suis l'ami de l'oncle d'un singe.
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 09:07
    @minus said
    Thank you all for your answers.
    Welcome to RHP.
    If you concentrate on playing chess you will be fine but be aware if you go on some of the forums you will encounter a few "well balanced" characters who have a chip on both shoulders
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '22 22:18
    @divegeester said
    Right…

And I’m a monkeys uncle.
    Well you are a baboon so that fits 😉
  11. Joined
    29 Feb '04
    Moves
    02 Oct '22 11:44
    @mwmiller
    Moi je suis sur le site depuis 20 ans et je l'ai toujours eu en anglais mais l'an dernier j'ai changé de portable et c'est mon neveu qui m'a c'est chargé de me remettre le site Red hot Pawn sur le nouveau portable et lui-même ne comprend pas comment as t'il fait pour que je l'aille en francais mais il est vraiment en français et j'aimerais bien le remettre en anglais car tous mes adversaires sont de cette langue excepté deux joueurs venant du Québec qui eux tout comme moi sont bilingue. Mais par compte Red hot Pawn sur mon cell il est inscrit en anglais , Dur de comprendre ??
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Oct '22 12:15
    @johnnymaster said
    @mwmiller
    Moi je suis sur le site depuis 20 ans et je l'ai toujours eu en anglais mais l'an dernier j'ai changé de portable et c'est mon neveu qui m'a c'est chargé de me remettre le site Red hot Pawn sur le nouveau portable et lui-même ne comprend pas comment as t'il fait pour que je l'aille en francais mais il est vraiment en français et j'aimerais bien le remettre en ...[text shortened]... lingue. Mais par compte Red hot Pawn sur mon cell il est inscrit en anglais , Dur de comprendre ??
    Let me guess, your nephew installed something like Google Auto Translate? Such plug-ins do exist - they automatically translate any web site your browser sees into (what they think is) your preferred language. IME, they don't do a very good job, usually.
  13. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Oct '22 19:34
    @Shallow-Blue
    I'm using firefox for my browser, and I checked some of the settings options. There is an option to change the browser itself to a different language and I managed to switch it to french, but it did not change the text language for RHP or other websites. Just for the browser language. The target sites I checked did not change to french. They remained in their original text.

I can highlight text on RHP and google translate will then translate the selected text into another language.

I didn't look for a firefox add-on that can translate a webpage automatically but perhaps there could be one that will do that.

Is anyone aware of one?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree