Game 5075251 and Game 5075256
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 11:42
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    Why can't I delete these games?
    Game 5075251 and Game 5075256
    Games cannot be deleted. They will allways be in the archive.
  3. ALG
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 12:13
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Games cannot be deleted. They will allways be in the archive.
    Do they count as losses? I didn't even move!
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 12:41
    Do they count as losses? I didn't even move!
    I think they count as looses in yo statistices, but you don't lose any rating points.

Is this some kind of a prank of your 'friend'?
  5. ALG
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 14:42
    It are unrated set-piecegames, but why can't I delete them, only one move was made.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 15:54
    It are unrated set-piecegames, but why can't I delete them, only one move was made.
    Make a folder called Trash Can or something. Move them there. Never open that folder again!

Also, set yourself so no one can make new games with you unless they ask.

P-
  7. ALG
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 17:36
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Make a folder called Trash Can or something. Move them there. Never open that folder again!

Also, set yourself so no one can make new games with you unless they ask.

P-
    There is only one half move made. I can delete all games in wich less than 2 moves are made, except these. Why?
  8. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 17:50
    There is only one half move made. I can delete all games in wich less than 2 moves are made, except these. Why?
    I think you gave the answer yourself. It probably is because it are set-piece games. Maybe they work differently. But I'm not 100% sure.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 19:21
    You can't delete a FINISHED game.

P-
  10. ALG
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 19:43
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You can't delete a FINISHED game.

P-
    But I can't do anything, those games were finished before I even SAW there was a challenge. Isn't there a rule that you can't loose without moving?
  11. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '08 20:46
    Rookus sent you these games? Without your knowledge? They arrived at your in-box as finished? There was never a trash can icon for them? Troublesome scam if all of that is true.
  12. ALG
    Moves
    15 Jun '08 10:30
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Rookus sent you these games? Without your knowledge? They arrived at your in-box as finished? There was never a trash can icon for them? Troublesome scam if all of that is true.
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4. yes
  13. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    15 Jun '08 12:55
    I sent feedback on it. Set piece games are NOT rated, so it didn't hurt you, but it could become a pain to deal with if someone was a spammer. You can use {My Settings}...{My Challenge Settings} in the red bar at the top of the page to limit games that come into your mailbox unannounced.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '08 13:091 edit
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    This is true.

You can easily set up a position that has a mate in one in it. Challenge anyone available with this position and the game is going. Then make the lethal move and you have won the game. Your opponent was defeated without even knowing that the game was going.

This is certainly true. It has been done before, and subsequently discussed in the fourum. However, the rating is not influenced, only the win/lost statistics. Indeed troublesome!
  15. ALG
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 09:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is true.

You can easily set up a position that has a mate in one in it. Challenge anyone available with this position and the game is going. Then make the lethal move and you have won the game. Your opponent was defeated without even knowing that the game was going.

This is certainly true. It has been done before, and subsequently discussed in ...[text shortened]... fourum. However, the rating is not influenced, only the win/lost statistics. Indeed troublesome!
    Is it so hard to avoid this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree