1. Joined
    06 Nov '21
    Moves
    08 Apr '22 11:08
    My opponent timed out, but I'd prefer to claim a draw or even delete the game, instead of win by timeout.
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    08 Apr '22 14:16
    If you have made at least 2 moves each then you can't delete the game. If it is your opponent's turn to move then you can't offer a draw. All you can do is wait until your opponent moves, which might be never. Best thing would be to claim the timeout win and move on. Don't feel bad about it - it happens all the time.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 Apr '22 14:45
    @robert-sadler said
    My opponent timed out, but I'd prefer to claim a draw or even delete the game, instead of win by timeout.
    I see that your opponent in that particular game has not moved in any of his other games either. I also see that he has lost over 10% of his total games by timeout.

Have you tried to send your opponent a personal message?

As already stated, you cannot delete the game and you cannot offer a draw.
    So your options are to wait, or to take the win.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    08 Apr '22 15:15
    @robert-sadler said
    If you just let the game sit there it won't do any harm until ,as a non sub you reach your maximum number of games in which case it will be in the way.
    If you're bothered about your rating,you are better claiming the timeout sooner than later as your opponents rating will drop as others claim timeout wins and you won't accrue as many rating points

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree