1. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 13:13
    ....don't seem to work on RHP. Any reason?

FW
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 13:591 edit
    Originally posted by @flyingwolf

FW
    🙂😀😉😛😕😠😳🙁:'(😞😏😵😲🙄😴

(Yeah, crying guy still doesn't work 😳 )
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 14:022 edits
    If you mean the full emoji suite, (such as https://emojipedia.org/apple/ ), then they now could be supported - but be careful what you wish for....
  4. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 17:35
    Ok, thanks. Occasionally try to insert the odd one (usually a sad face!) into a message using the standard Apple or Android stock depending on the device being used. Not managed it so far. A series or question marks has appeared instead, themselves raising a few questions sometimes...!
  5. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 01:30
    At RHP we like our emojis small, square, and yellow! 🙂
  6. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 07:35
    Standard Apple emoji stock still not working in Messages....tried to enter the sunglasses (cool) emoji and ended up with a load of ?????. Seriously not cool ;-)
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 11:49
    We haven't needed them on this site so far. If it's really important to you, you'll need to gather support from other players before anyone will put money into adding another unimportant "feature". It's not going to happen if there's only 1 player wanting it.
  8. SubscriberChess Host
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 15:131 edit
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 15:142 edits
    It is clearly a problem though that mobile keyboards do send emojis, and people naturally assume they are being sent and not ignored, as they currently are.

I suspect full emoji support for private messages, at the very least, will need to be added. Probably not the forums though. Or if it was, for a trial period to see how it ended up. (Not pretty I suspect, endless poop glyphs )
  10. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 23:07
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    We haven't needed them on this site so far. If it's really important to you, you'll need to gather support from other players before anyone will put money into adding another unimportant "feature". It's not going to happen if there's only 1 player wanting it.
    Apologies Kewpie, hadn't appreciated you were the spokesperson for all subscribers and non-subscribers alike on this site, but I'll bear your comment in mind, thank you.
  11. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 23:15
    Originally posted by @russ
    It is clearly a problem though that mobile keyboards do send emojis, and people naturally assume they are being sent and not ignored, as they currently are.

I suspect full emoji support for private messages, at the very least, will need to be added. Probably not the forums though. Or if it was, for a trial period to see how it ended up. (Not pretty I suspect, endless poop glyphs )
    Quite right Russ and yes, I'm referring to Messages sent during and after games, not Forum messages per se. Emojis are obviously an assumed 'given' in social media circles and if like me you derive as much satisfaction from the odd chat during a game as the game itself, then I see no huge reason why they shouldn't feature. If I could stick a 'thumbs up' emoji here, I would!
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Nov '17 09:33
    Yeah. It's a site for chess, not Ludo.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 08:08
    Quite right Russ and yes, I'm referring to Messages sent during and after games, not Forum messages per se. Emojis are obviously an assumed 'given' in social media circles and if like me you derive as much satisfaction from the odd chat during a game as the game itself, then I see no huge reason why they shouldn't feature. If I could stick a 'thumbs up' emoji here, I would!
    People like you led to the demise of 8-track and VHS.
    You should be ashamed!
  14. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 19:26
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    People like you led to the demise of 8-track and VHS.
    You should be ashamed!
    On the basis I used to buy 45rpm singles, 33rpm albums, and only THEN cassettes and VHS formats, I'm guessing I'm possibly older than you mate! Certainly if your username has anything to do with your age, I'm not far behind you. Some of the folk on here clearly need to move on from the dark ages!
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Nov '17 15:29
    .... Some of the folk on here clearly need to move on from the dark ages!
    At least we made it to use the Internet 😉

Emojis are also VERY LOW on my list of priorities where the 960 castling issue is much more prominent...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree