1. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 07:45
    Is anybody else finding it difficult to move pieces in their web browser or is it just me? I find they flash briefly in their new place then jump back to their original place and I have to try 2 or 3 times. It happens both using the click and the drag method.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 08:271 edit
    @dm7

Can you report back with your web browser and operating system versions please?
  3. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 14:42
    @Russ

Win 10, Chrome. It happens in Firefox too. I have a Dell Desktop. I suppose it could be my computer, but I haven't noticed any other websites not accepting my clicks.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 14:531 edit
    @dm7

If it is happening in both browsers then something else is at play here too.

Can you try Edge browser too, if you have Win 10?

Also, did this just start occurring recently? Any updates to your system/browser plugins installed immediately beforehand?
  5. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    10 Jul '19 07:45
    @Russ
    I WASN'T able to make it happen using EDGE this morning, and I WAS able to make it happen in CHROME. It is an intermittent problem, so not easy to test. I'll keep trying different browsers for a few days and look for a pattern.
    My PC did get a big Windows update last week, that's about when I think I first began to notice it. Can't be 100% sure on when it first happened. I initially blamed myself, and then my mouse batteries. No other PC updates that I'm aware of.
  6. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    11 Jul '19 19:56
    @Russ
    After some experimenting, it seems that when I make a single left click with my mouse, sometimes my computer and/or DailyChess takes that as a double click. I've tried changing browser and changing mice but still it happens occasionally and I don't understand why. If nobody else is reporting this problem, please accept my apologies for probably wasting your time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree