1. Fort Worth,Texas
    Moves
    01 Aug '19 14:38
    does anyone know how to post a picture in the header that will not be cut off when posted? I loaded a picture of an artist I like for 1 of my players could see. On my end it looks cut off and if I flip it 90degrees it fills the screen so you cant make out what it is. thanks for any help
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Aug '19 14:424 edits
    @kiana said
    does anyone know how to post a picture in the header that will not be cut off when posted? I loaded a picture of an artist I like for 1 of my players could see. On my end it looks cut off and if I flip it 90degrees it fills the screen so you cant make out what it is. thanks for any help
    So you talk About your home and this link? https://www.redhotpawn.com/myprofile/myprofileimages.php

Edit: I tried to cut a picture in various formats, and it seems some kind of Transformation of the resolution takes place. So I can't answer the Question

Edit: I see a Woman if I klick on your profile, I loaded up a Picture of a glacier in my profile. It Looks okay in the small window when I click on my Name, but looks scaled on the profile home.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Aug '19 15:361 edit
    @kiana

Does your image meet the size requirements specified on the upload page?

"Your header image must be under 4096 Kb. Images larger than 1800x720 pixels will be scaled automatically."

If not, you may need to use a photo editing program to make changes to the size so it will work. Otherwise it will usually end up being distorted.

Here's a link to a freeware program that should work if you don't have one:
    http://www.photofiltre.com/

I hope this is helpful!

<EDIT>
    If you start by creating a blank image that is exactly 1800 pixels wide by 720 pixels in height, then cut and paste your image inside of that and center it, it should come out fine and be centered on the page when you upload it. Just make sure your image is smaller than the 1800x720 blank. You can see how mine came out as an example. Mine says it is 3.71 Mb in size.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree