Inflation??

Standard memberUmbaar
Help 15 May '08 16:24
  1. Standard memberUmbaar
    Underdog
    Wigan
    Moves
    15 May '08 16:24
    I have been a subscriber for a few years and I had a six month break. I'm gonna re-subscribe at the beginning of June. With this in mind I decieded to sort out my Archive into Wins, losses and draws.

I noticed that in my profile it says I've played 1377 games. But according to the Archive I've played 1385 games? I seem to have inherited 8 games from somewhere... I just hope they're not blunder filled games. Although if they are I'll never find them amongst my rubbish. 😀

Not a major problem I know, I'm just curious if anyone knows why. 🙂
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    15 May '08 22:49
    Could the difference be unrated games ?
  3. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    15 May '08 23:26
    Maybe the thread in site ideas forum is the problem, the name is "fixing you game history", read it and compare.
  4. Standard memberUmbaar
    Underdog
    Wigan
    Moves
    16 May '08 09:311 edit
    I'll have a look at that thanks.
    They're not unrated, according to my profile I've played nearly 100 unrated games and it includes those. I have played games against players who have since been banned. Maybe those games are removed from the Profile but not from my Archive.

🙂

I've had a look at Fix thing but that isn't it. I may have found a way to check what it is. Using Public games and ppl's Profiles. I realise this is of no interest to anyone except me and not really a problem, although I hate it when the numbers don't balance. 🙂
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 May '08 09:54
    This problem with game statistics has been reported many times, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in getting it fixed. The incorrect figures are the ones in the profiles, if you count the games they'll match the numbers in My Performance. It's possible that 2-move games may be involved. The profile number is usually lower than the real count.
  6. Standard memberUmbaar
    Underdog
    Wigan
    Moves
    16 May '08 12:03
    Thanks for that, at least I know it's not just me. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree